Our Gift to You: Great Marketing Stories Read by Top Influencers
Over the next 12 days your favorite marketers share their favorite marketing wisdom
December 11, 2017
What could be more festive than curling up by the fire as a wise narrator entertains you with something funny and thought-provoking? That's what we’ve got in store for you on our Marketing Solutions blog over the coming 12 days of Christmas.
We asked top marketing influencers to choose the most memorable blog post that they’ve discovered during the last year. Then we asked them to share it with you: reading their favourite content and explaining why they find it so inspiring. We’ve collected these yuletide readings into a festive playlist of great marketing stories – and we’ll be sharing one a day with you over the next 12 days.
Believe it or not, our festive playlist was inspired by the great Spinal Tap ‘mockumentary’ when declining rock god David St. Hubbins (named for the patron saint of quality footwear) explains how he’s listening to a ‘Namesake series’ of audio books. These are classics read by people with the same surname as the author. The highlight is definitely the shorter works of Washington Irving read by basketball great Julius (Dr. J) Irving. We like to think our festive playlist has a bit more logic to it!
So as the December evenings draw in, wrap yourself up warm, find a cosy chair and unwrap your daily gift of holiday marketing wisdom. Keep visiting our blog over the next 12 days for:
- Ann Handley reading Doug Kessler on how to fail at content marketing
- Doug Kessler reading The Advertising Contrarian on the curse of bland, do-good brands
- Bernadette Jiwa reading Seth Godin on why capitalism needs a purpose
- Chris Marr reading Jay Baer on why you should avoid quoting others on social
- Minter Dial reading Kerry O’Shea Gorgone on building a strategy through empathy
- Plus contributions from Jay Jay French, Ron Tite, Sonia Simone, Jason Miller, and more
If you can’t wait to open up tomorrow’s installment, then visit our grotto of great marketing wisdom where you’ll find our festive playlist in full.