How Can Two International Colleagues Collaborate Over a LinkedIn Campaign? #AskLMS
March 3, 2015
Welcome to Ask LMS, where LinkedIn Marketing Solutions answers your questions about marketing on LinkedIn, content marketing, and more. Our question today comes from Vila, who submitted her question to us via email at askLMS@linkedin.com.
Vila asks: “How can two people collaborate over a campaign? I want my subordinate in another country to run the campaign but I want to supervise it. I intend to run all three variants, including banner ads, Sponsored Updates and Direct Sponsored Content.”
Excellent question, Vila.
First things first. You’ll need to set up a business account if don’t have one. A business account allows you to administer campaigns and manage billing information, separate from your personal LinkedIn account. This business account must be tied to a Company Page (or a Showcase Page), so if you don’t have one, you’ll need to set one up.
Once you have set up your business account, you can easily manage LinkedIn marketing campaigns. The good news for you, Vila, is that your colleague out of country can also access this account to run a campaign – while you supervise from afar.
- Go to your Campaign Manager homepage
- Click on the “Users” tab, where you can “Add User” in the upper right
- Type in the name of the person you would like to give admin rights to (this person must be a LinkedIn user who is connected to you)
- Choose the level of admin rights that you would like to give your colleague
Depending on your organization’s structure and needs, you can grant management rights so that a colleague can perform one or more of the following: add campaigns, modify campaigns, download reporting, Sponsor Updates, and add users. You may also designate a user as a billing contact, campaign contact, and creative contact.
The level of administrative rights you provide can be changed over time by clicking “Edit Permissions” under the user’s name in the “Campaign Manager” interface. Please note that having multiple users manage banner ads will require contacting an account executive.
Get Started on Your LinkedIn Marketing Campaign
After you have set up a business account and granted the appropriate administrative rights, you can execute campaigns to increase brand awareness and deepen relationships with the prospects who matter most to you on LinkedIn.
To get you off on the right foot, check out how these organizations have achieved LinkedIn marketing wins:
- Learn how marketing software provider HubSpot has achieved high click-through rates, low CPC, and increased leads with display advertising that is targeted to its core audience based on company, job title, job function, and groups
- Discover how financial institution HSBC leveraged Sponsored Updates to drive more than 40,000 interactions with its Global Connections website, increasing organic update impressions by 1500% and raising social interactions by 900%
- Get insight on how Nissan optimized its Sponsored Updates strategy by using instant engagement feedback to continually refine a campaign that generated a global engagement rate of 1% among a time-deprived audience
Thanks again to Vila for her question. As a special thanks Vila will receive a physical copy of both The Sophisticated Marketer’s Guide to LinkedIn along with a very special limited edition Ask LMS T-shirt.
How can we help answer your LinkedIn Marketing questions? Submit your questions with hashtag #AskLMS for your chance to be featured in our next post!