Industry Leaders to Discuss Financial Services Disruption at LinkedIn FinanceConnect 2015
April 28, 2015
In a growing climate of market disruption, we know that financial institutions must find innovative ways to reach new audiences and nurture prospects. As social media elevates the importance of relationships, many firms recognize the value of leveraging technology and tapping into the power of networks to achieve that goal. Others are on the path to success – and we’re here to help you get there.
Join us for a live broadcast of LinkedIn FinanceConnect 2015 on May 7, 2015. Built around the theme of Reshaping the Future: Building and Nurturing Relationships in a “Networked” World, this year’s event will provide fresh perspectives on how financial institutions can address today’s growing climate of market disruption by leveraging networks and technology to reach target audiences, nurture prospects, and deepen relationships. We also invite you to engage with us throughout the event by tweeting with the hashtag #inFC15.
Reserve your spot today to hear from top industry leaders and learn firsthand how leading brands and financial institutions are harnessing the power of social and digital engagement in a changing global economy.
LinkedIn FinanceConnect 2015 Agenda
State of the Global Economy: On the Brink (9:15-10:15am)
Join Mohammed El-Erian for a fireside chat with Jill Schlesinger of CBS News, as they discuss the challenges posed by a slowing global economy. Hear insights on:
- The end of the QE era, and what it means for the global economy
- Impact of a stronger U.S. dollar and lower oil prices
- Erosion of the middle class in emerging markets
- Changes in investor confidence
When Disruption Works: How Big Companies Can Drive Innovation (10:15-10:45am)
Interview with Ed Gilligan, President of American Express (11:00am - 11:30am)
McKinsey: How The Digital Age is Disrupting the Marketing Framework (11:30-12:00pm)
Featuring David Edelman, Partner and Global Co-Leader of McKinsey Digital, Marketing & Sales
The digital age is disrupting every area of business, including the way marketing engages and interacts with prospective clients and existing ones. Successfully adapting requires more than new strategies – it requires a complete restructuring of the marketing organization and its operations and processes.
Chief Influencers’ Roundtable (1:00-1:50pm)
- Gerald Hassell, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation
- John Taft, CEO, RBC Wealth Management
- John Thiel, Head of Merrill Lynch Wealth Management
- Dan Roth, Executive Editor, LinkedIn
We build on some of the morning’s pivotal topics in a fireside chat with leading executives. We’ll hear firsthand how these Influencers are helping their organizations navigate new – and sometimes tricky – waters. Potential topics include:
- Managing a financial services company when half the world thinks we are in a recession
- Creating an environment where innovation can flourish
- Humanizing your brand in the age of social media
The Millennial Shift: Financial Services and the Digital Generation (2:00-2:45pm)
- Maya Pope-Chappell, News Editor, LinkedIn
- Theresa McLaughlin, CMO Canadian Banking, Auto, and Wealth, TD Bank
- Denise Karkos, CMO, TD Ameritrade
- Marty Willis, Chief Marketing Officer, OppenheimerFunds
- Laura Desmond, CEO, Starcom MediaVest Group
- Donna Sabino, SVP, Ipsos
- Bill Sullivan, Head of Global Financial Services, Market Intelligence, Capgemini
- Leslie Gillin, Managing Director and Chief Marketing Officer, Citi Global Consumer Bank
With one of the largest generations in history comes tremendous buying power: Millennials spend $1.3 to $1.7 trillion annually. In fact, this group of digital natives represents a lucrative market and the next generation of financial clients. To make inroads with Millennials, firms must appeal to their demand for services and experiences on par with those delivered by retail and other industries that have learned how to capitalize on consumer interactions in the digital era.
Women in Finance: A New Paradigm for Success (3:00-3:45pm)
- Amanda Rendle, Global Head of Marketing, HSBC Commercial Banking and Global Markets
- Caroline Guillaumin, Head of Worldwide Corporate Communications, Société Générale
- Allison Bennett, Chief Marketing Officer of Business, JPMorgan Chase & Co
- Amanda Drury, Anchor, CNBC US headquarters
In an age when relationships matter more than ever, it makes good business sense for women to lead their organizations. From capital markets to card networks, businesses in the finance sector are benefiting from women’s leadership. During this session, these influential thought leaders will discuss the impact that women are making in their organizations around:
- Growth and innovative leadership
- Wealth management and the macroeconomic landscape
- Customer centricity through technology and social media
Disruption in Wealth Management (3:45-4:15pm)
- Mandell Crawley, Global CMO, Morgan Stanley
- Hardeep Walia, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Motif Investing
- Eli Broverman, Co-Founder, COO, Betterment
- Rachel Perkel, Head of Marketing, Wealth Brokerage & Retirement, Wells Fargo
- Mark Murray, Chief Marketing Officer, BT Financial Group
- Chip Cutter, Senior Editor, LinkedIn
As they introduce new operational efficiencies while enabling personalization and enhanced client service, digital disruptors are challenging traditional elements of the Wealth Management value chain. What does the future of wealth management look like as conventional firms recalibrate their business models and harness digital technology and the power of Big Data to transform their business?
LinkedIn: The Full-Funnel Approach to Revolutionizing Business (4:30-5:00pm)
Featuring Russell Glass, Head of Products, LinkedIn Marketing Solutions
Today’s Winning Brands: Modernizing for the 21st Century (5:00-5:45pm)
- Richard Kirshenbaum, CEO, NSG/SWAT
- Frédéric Tardy, Chief Marketing and Distribution Officer, AXA
- Monika Schulze, Global Head of Marketing, Zurich
- Dermot Boden, Chief Brand Officer, Citigroup
- Ann Glover, CMO, Voya Financial
In years past, the Industrial Revolution and Information Age provided the springboards for economic development. Now networks and relationships are at the core of the current wave of progress. Relationships in business have always mattered. But in the digital era, their reach is amplified, their substance and structure are more visible, and their economic impact can be quantified like never before. As social media elevates the importance and impact of our connections, financial services firms are taking note – especially as they work to rebuild trust with members and clients. Come join us to learn how some of the world’s leading financial institutions and brands are realizing major returns by harnessing the power of social connections and digital engagement.
Wrap Up Session – 5 Main Takeaways (5:45-5:50pm)
Featuring Jonathan Lister, VP, North America Sales, LinkedIn Marketing Solutions
Missed FinanceConnect 2015? Check out the recorded sessions here.
For more insights on how Finance Marketers can succeed with real-time tactics in an ever-changing landscape, download volume 2 of our Sophisticated Finance Marketer eBook Series.