How Dentsu Aegis Doubled Its Share of Voice with Event Coverage on LinkedIn Live
October 9, 2019
There’s something about the allure of live broadcasts that tends to make them irresistible. As a viewer, you feel like you are really part of something, experiencing an event in the moment, as it happens.
Marketers can now tap into this dynamic on LinkedIn through LinkedIn Live, a video feature that enables brands and individuals to broadcast content in real-time.
We’ve already seen this capability put to good use in many different cases. Timely analysis and event coverage are two especially valuable applications for live video, and Dentsu Aegis Network hit the sweet spot with a recent campaign that drove eye-opening results.
How Dentsu Aegis Doubled Its Share of Voice with LinkedIn Live
If you’re in the world of marketing or advertising, you’re probably familiar with the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. This annual showcase of the best and brightest in the field draws widespread attention from brands, agencies, media companies, and consultancies around the world.
For Dentsu Aegis, a global network focusing on media and digital marketing communications, Cannes Lions is a key touchpoint for reinforcing brand profile and reputation. For the most recent Festival, Dentsu Aegis set up a pop-up beach house in Cannes, France, where they hosted more than 20 thought leadership conversations with prominent figures and influencers in the business.
To maximize targeted exposure and impact for this series, Dentsu Aegis streamed daily interviews and panel discussions via LinkedIn Live to the brand’s followers on the platform.
Here’s a glance at the results they saw:
- LinkedIn Live immediately and significantly outperformed all other live video platforms, in terms of both organic reach and engagement.
- The 31% engagement rate for LinkedIn Live shattered the company's initial target rate of 10%.
- Live streaming helped drive a 48% share of voice for Dentsu Aegis during the Festival, more than doubling their target of 20%.
- Dentsu Aegis was the most talked-about digital advertising network at the Festival and among the Top 10 most talked-about brands.
The difference was obvious the minute we went live with LinkedIn. It dwarfed other channels in terms of meaningful reach and engagement. We were getting thousands of views and hundreds of comments representing relevant, high-quality discussions and debate. — Sabrina Rodriguez, Global Head of Digital Marketing, Dentsu Aegis Network
Liven Up Your B2B Video Strategy with LinkedIn Live
Your next big live video moment awaits. Audiences are clearly gravitating toward these real-time broadcasts — early adopters on LinkedIn are seeing 7x more reactions and 24x more comments on average for live streams compared to regular video.
The stellar results achieved by Dentsu Aegis during Cannes further demonstrate how effective a strategic live video campaign can be when aligned with the interests of your followers. Our team at LinkedIn saw similarly outstanding engagement when running our Live with Marketers series at Content Marketing World.
To learn more about LinkedIn Live, check out these handy resources:
- What is LinkedIn Live & Where Does It Fit In My Content Strategy?
- LinkedIn Live: Best Practices Guide
- How to Crush Your First LinkedIn Live Stream, According to Hootsuite
- Give LinkedIn Live a try. Request access now.
Of course, you can always stay up to speed on the latest tips and tactics by subscribing to the LinkedIn Marketing Blog.