Conversations With Your Teams About Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Can Be Difficult Right Now. These Free Courses Can Help.
June 15, 2020
Editor’s Note: A version of this post previously ran on the LinkedIn Learning Blog.
Current events have brought conversations about diversity, inclusion, and belonging to the forefront for businesses across the United States and across the globe. These conversations can be challenging.
To help professionals such as CMOs and marketing leaders have these discussions and foster more inclusivity and belonging in the workplace, LinkedIn Learning is opening this learning path on Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging for all available for free through August 31.
Confront Unconscious Bias
Three of the courses in this pathway are designed to help you understand and confront unconscious bias. Our experiences shape who we are, and our race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, place of birth, and other factors impact the lens through which we view the world, which leads to unconscious bias. Learn how to counter bias in our words, actions, and stand up for your colleagues and community:
- Confronting Bias: Thriving Across Our Differences by Verna Myers and Arianna Huffington
- Unconscious Bias by Stacey Gordon
- Bystander Training: From Bystander to Upstander by Catherine Mattice Zundel
Have Inclusive Conversations
Three of the courses address how to have inclusive conversations and communicate across cultures. Discussions about cultural differences can be uncomfortable. They take courage. Develop the skills to conduct productive and meaningful conversations on potentially difficult topics:
- Skills for Inclusive Conversations by Mary-Frances Winters
- Communicating about Culturally Sensitive Issues by Daisy Lovelace
- Communicating Across Cultures by Tatiana Kolovou
Create Diverse Workplaces
Learn how to drive the conversation on Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DIBs), hire and retain diverse talent, listen to employees, and integrate DIBs into your employee life cycle, and embed DIBs in the employee experience.
- Diversity Inclusion, and Belonging by Pat Wadors
- Rolling out a DIBs Training Program in Your Company with Dereca Blackmon
We believe we can all play a role in moving toward a more equitable workplace and world. We hope these free courses help you on this journey.