Trending Content of the Week: Evergreen and Ever-Changing
September 25, 2015
I wish I could say that autumn is in full swing. But here in San Francisco, it feels more like summer has just begun. Palm trees adorn the busy downtown streets and the sun shines brightly across the Financial District skyscrapers. However, we would be remiss if we didn't acknowledge that (almost) everywhere else in the country, hues of orange and yellow are dominating the landscape, with only the pine trees sticking with green.
As a marketer, autumn can remind you of two important principles. First, the value of visual content. How many people stop and take a picture of a tree in the summer? But add some color to give it visual interest, and people are lining up to Instagram it.
Second, the pine trees remind us that while viral attention is flattering, evergreen content still gets the job done in the long run. By December, when the rest of the trees are looking skeletal at best, the pine tree will still be doing its thing.
With those thoughts in mind, grab yourself a pumpkin spice latte and settle in with this week’s roundup of trending marketing content.
Top Marketing Articles to Read This Week:
- How to Get More Mileage Out of Your Visual Content As brands invest more into visual content creation, it’s important to maximize the potential of each asset. Visually CEO Matt Cooper shows how you can repurpose your showpieces many times over in this article for the Content Marketing Institute.
- The Anatomy of a Shareable, Linkable & Popular Post: A Study of Our Marketing Blog HubSpot just finished a study of the nearly 7,000 posts on their marketing blog. Global Head of Growth & SEO Matthew Barby analyzes what worked best in this post chock-full of data-based insight.
- How to Promote Every Piece of Content You Create (in Less Than an Hour a Day!) Freelance Writer Mridu Khullar Relph provides a detailed content promotion roadmap in this piece for the Buffer blog. Mridu covers everything from email marketing to influencer outreach to syndication, with plenty of data to back up her main points.
- Your Top-to-Bottom Email Checklist: What to Include before You Hit Send Email is still one of the most powerful tools for engaging with your audience. Before sending out your next newsletter, make sure you check all the boxes on Content Marketing Consultant Beth Hayden’s list, brought to you by Copyblogger.
- 3 B2B Marketing Executives on the Expanding Role of Technology in Marketing In this video from B2B Connect San Francisco, marketing executives Mike Ward, Monu Kalsi, and Russell Glass ponder the future of technology in marketing, and whether the CMO position will become more of a CTO role.
- The 50 Best Quotes from the 50 Best Business Books Inc.com Contributing Editor Geoffrey James presents a mini-library of wisdom, picking the quotes that he feels best sums up 50 business bestsellers.
- Can Content Marketing Create Corporate Culture? Your employees can be your brand’s toughest critics or its most persuasive ambassadors. In this piece for B2B Marketing Insider, Carla Johnson, Consultant and Speaker for Type A Communications, makes the case that internal content marketing is as important as external marketing for establishing your organization’s brand.
- 13 Business Goals You Can Achieve through Email Marketing In this piece for Convince and Convert, E2M Solutions Project Manager Rohan Ayyar explores the potential of email marketing for a wide array of business goals, from creating conversions to preventing cart abandonment on ecommerce sites.
- LinkedIn Is the Social Network You’re Not Using Enough While Twitter and Facebook get the media attention, LinkedIn has quietly become the best social network for lead generation. ScribbleLive Marketing Assistant Jennifer Taylor has the proof, along with four ways to use LinkedIn for marketing, in this post on the ScribbleLive blog.
- Words + Pictures: Content Marketer’s Guide to Visual Storytelling Buddy Scalera is a former comic book artist, and is currently Senior Director of Content Strategy at the Medicines Company. In this annotated SlideShare from Content Marketing World 2015, Buddy offers practical tips for marketers to incorporate visual content into their storytelling in fresh, innovative ways.
Content Marketer’s Guide
to Visual Storytelling | Annotated Version from Buddy Scalera
Keep your marketing efforts evergreen with the trends, tips, and tactics you will find when you subscribe to the LinkedIn Marketing Solutions blog.