Trending Content of the Week: Labor and Leisure
September 4, 2015
As the summer draws to a close, it’s time to kick back and enjoy the last three-day weekend of the season. Labor Day is upon us! Fire up the grill and settle into your lawn chairs. Celebrate your hard work by kicking your feet up and relaxing.
But while you take the day off, stay sharp. An extended weekend means more time to soak up the insights that will make you a better marketer on Tuesday morning. This week’s trending marketing content can help you relax knowing you are keeping your skills on point.
Top Marketing Articles to Read This Week:
- How to Future-Proof Your Mobile Marketing Strategy Mobile internet use is rapidly outpacing desktop and laptop use. The Search Engine Journal has the strategies you need to stay ahead of the curve, with this article from My Social Agency Content Manager Anna Francis.
- 5 Simple Social Media Strategies to Build Your Email List TechEmergence CEO & Founder Daniel Faggella shows how to move your audience from social media to your own space in this article for SocialMediaToday.
- The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Slide Decks: 10 Actionable SlideShare Tips for Maximum Results The newly-rebranded LinkedIn SlideShare is a great platform for getting rich media content to your audience. Buffer Content Crafter Kevan Lee takes a deep dive into SlideShare strategy, from number of slides all the way down to font choices.
- New Messaging Experience Comes to LinkedIn, Finally! LinkedIn’s messaging functionality just got a total rebuild, starting from scratch to add functionality, ease-of-use, and a little personality. Mark Hull, LinkedIn Director of Product Management, has the low-down on the new features in this article on LinkedIn’s blog.
- Marketing Strategies of Legends The good folks at The Marketing Moment examine the successful leadership strategies of marketing legends Elon Musk, Steve Jobs, and Angela Ahrendts in this inspirational 4-minute video.
- Lead Scoring 101: How to Use Data to Calculate a Basic Lead Score Don’t let the “101” in the title fool you: This instructional article from HubSpot Staff Writer Lindsay Kolowich has a wealth of information for marketers of all skill levels.
- Consumer Survey Reveals the Efficacy of Inbound vs. Outbound Fractl and Moz teamed up recently for an exhaustive consumer survey on marketing effectiveness. Fractl Partner Kelsey Libert presents key findings, takeaways, and recommendations in this in-depth article on the Moz blog.
- How to Improve Influencer Engagement? Avoid These 50 Fails TopRank Online Marketing CEO Lee Odden rounds up an impressive group of marketing minds for this big list of influencer marketing tips.
- What I Read and How I Read It: Jason Miller Whet your appetite for LinkedIn Global Content Leader Jason Miller’s Inbound session with this interview, featuring Jason’s favorite marketing book and content pet peeves.
- Copywriting, Conversion, and Your Customer’s Comfort Zone Feldman Creative Founder Barry Feldman and Kissmetrics Marketing Operations Manager Thue Madsen present this guide to optimizing web pages to promote conversion.
Stay in-the-know with the latest trends, tips, and tactics through Labor Day and beyond when you subscribe to the LinkedIn Marketing Solutions blog.