Trending Content of the Week: Living in a Content Marketing World
September 11, 2015
“This is something, this could be a thing.”
That’s what Content Marketing World founder Joe Pulizzi said in 2011 when 600 marketers arrived in Cleveland for the event’s debut, quadrupling attendance expectations. This year, more than 3,500 attendees from 53 different countries flocked to Cleveland to gain insights and inspiration from 235 speakers.
Joe was absolutely right when he said, “This is something, this could be a thing,” both in terms of the event and content marketing in general. Content Marketing World is a testament to what is possible when you think big, commit to learning, and transform insight into action. This week’s trending content curates actionable advice and takeaways from the event for marketers looking to create their own colossal success story.
Top Marketing Articles to Read This Week:
- Does Your Content Marketing Pass the Mom Test? If you were not able to attend Jay Baer’s CM World keynote this year, or if you loved it so much you want to experience it again, you are in luck. Jay published the full text of his keynote on the Convince and Convert blog.
- Bigger, Braver, Bolder Content Marketing: 3 Examples from the Cutting-Room Floor of My Latest Presentation Only the strongest three brand examples survived to appear in Ann Handley’s CM World presentation. But Ann felt these three examples were pretty darn strong, too, which is why she discusses them here.
- Content Marketing at a Crossroads: 7 Takeaways from Content Marketing World Day 1 It would appear that content marketing is at a crossroads. Content marketers need to step up their game a level to become more effective and to prove that effectiveness to the executive suite. Read on for the LinkedIn Marketing team's answer to the question, “What did you learn at Content Marketing World today?” I think you will agree that we learned (and shared) a lot.
- Trust Will Transform the $44 Billion Content Marketing Industry in 2016 Consider this article from Nudge’s Kevin Hurley a “State of the Industry” post with a predictive angle. The jaw-dropping stats are both overwhelming and inspiring.
- Tips, Tools, and Templates to Help You Build Your Content Marketing Strategy NewsCred’s Head of Strategy Michael Brenner delivered a lethal dose of content strategy insight this year, and you’ll find it all Michael’s SlideShare presentation below:
- John Cleese Tells Content Marketing World 2015 How to Nurture Creativity (photos) Actor and comedian John Cleese made a visit to Cleveland this year, and the local news was there to capture and convey the best of his keynote presentation.
- Ian Cleary Discusses Essential Tools to Optimize Your Content Marketing If you are looking for tools that can help you become a more effective marketer, Ian Cleary is definitely someone to follow. Ian highlighted 15 content marketing tools during his CM World presentation, and TopRank Marketing’s Josh Nite highlights his five favorites in this post.
- #CMWorld 2015: Recap Day 1 Search Engine Journal’s Danielle Antosz breaks down the event experience and the notable sessions (complete with takeaways from each session) from day one of CM World 2015.
- Content Marketing World, Day 2: 7 Ways Marketers Can Produce More Effective Content Day 2 of content marketing world was packed with insights how marketers must produce better content to stand out. Here the LinkedIn Marketing team has compiled seven day 2 takeaways that can help marketers produce content that’s useful, entertaining, and drive sales.
- Onsite SEO in 2015: An Elegant Weapon for a More Civilized Marketer Search algorithms continue to evolve, yet SEO remains a critical component of a successful content marketing strategy. Up your search engine savvy by clicking through this presentation from SEO savant Rand Fishkin.
Conference season has just begun! Get a steady stream of insights from the biggest events and brightest minds in marketing when you subscribe to the LinkedIn Marketing Solutions blog.