Trending Content of the Week: Making Meaningful Connections
November 6, 2015
This week, the LinkedIn network hit a major milestone: We have grown to 400 million members. As you can see in the picture above, we’re pretty excited about it. Our vision at LinkedIn is to create economic opportunity for every member of the 3.3 billion strong global workforce. Thanks to all of you for inspiring us to continue to invent new and better ways to help you succeed.
Making connections is a crucial part of LinkedIn’s DNA, and it’s also central to successful marketing. We connect our audiences with helpful, relevant information they seek, which inspires them to connect with our brands. Along the way, we also connect with our marketing colleagues for support and inspiration.
Stay connected with your profession with this roundup of posts your fellow marketers were reading and sharing this week.
Top Marketing Articles to Read This Week:
- How to Convert Customers’ Passions into Inspiring Content Learn how Western Union’s Laston Charriez uses data-driven customer insight to create amazing content, in this interview with Carla Johnson for the Content Marketing Institute.
- How to Use LinkedIn Publishing for Free Thought Leadership and PR SnappConner PR CEO Cheryl Conner makes the case for publishing on LinkedIn in this article for Forbes. Cheryl includes tips from LinkedIn staff and PR experts on the best way to use the platform.
- SEO and Content Marketing: A Love Story In this article for Oz Content Technologies, author Mary Barbour gives the basics of integrating SEO into content, with a playful tone that makes for an easy, entertaining read.
- Making Content Measurable Measuring the effectiveness of content marketing in a way that makes sense to the C-suite is an ongoing challenge. CLEARLINK Content Strategist and UX Specialist Jess Hutton takes a deep dive into the metrics that make a difference for content strategy.
- How to Write for the Web—A New Approach for Increased Engagement Dan Petrovic, Director of DEJAN SEO, takes a data-heavy approach to the art of creating engaging content in this installment of Moz’s Whiteboard Friday.
- Are We Too Busy for Great Marketing? JetBlue’s “HumanKinda” campaign focuses on how being too busy can keep you from enjoying life. Sprinklr’s Jessica Gioglio analyzes what makes the campaign resonate in this piece for Convince & Convert.
- Don’t Create Your Content Strategy Until You Research These 6 Things Learn what research can help you create timely, relevant content that stands out with this Copyblogger article from Demian Farnworth.
- How People Are Actually Using the Internet of Things What to people really want from the Internet of Things? Recent research found that consumers want an IoT that provides personalized services that can be adapted to different contexts. Read on to discover four underlying types of living services H. James Wilson, Baiju Shah and Brian Whipple of Accenture Interactive identified in the data, and what they mean for the IoT in this piece for the Harvard Business Review.
- The New Rules of Email Marketing Story of Telling Founder Bernadette Jiwa presents eight new commandments for keeping email marketing relevant in this article on the Story of Telling blog.
- Mastering Content Marketing on LinkedIn In this SlideShare, LinkedIn Europe’s Jon Lombardo takes a detailed, tactical look at creating a LinkedIn-specific content strategy.
Create meaningful marketing connections on LinkedIn and create content marketing magic for your brand. Get started with the Sophisticated Marketer’s Guide to LinkedIn.