Trending Content of the Week: The Right Content at the Right Time
October 30, 2015
It’s the Halloween Eve, and you know what that means: Time for retail outlets to excavate their displays of evergreen trees, ornaments, and lights. It used to be the season that started after Thanksgiving, but now it’s starting to crowd out Halloween. There’s an aisle of skeletons and spiders aside from an aisle of candy canes and tinsel. It’s jarring.
As marketers, part of being effective is delivering the right content at the right time. We don’t want to start singing carols when our audience is putting the finishing touches on their Halloween costume. This week’s roundup of top marketing content can help you stay relevant, and avoid looking like a fir tree in an aisle full of spooky masks.
Top Marketing Articles to Read This Week:
- Your Guide to Getting Started With LinkedIn Advertising Enterprise social technology platform Sprinklr recently teamed up with LinkedIn employees and experts to uncover what brands need to know before starting a LinkedIn advertising campaign. Content Manager Uyen Nguyen provides a plethora of compelling proof points in this lead-in post from the Sprinklr blog.
- 10 Ways to Make Your Website Content More Relevant (And Rank Higher) In this post for the Content Marketing Institute, Crazy Egg and KISSmetrics founder Neil Patel offers a detailed guide to boosting your site’s relevancy, from personas to keywords and beyond.
- Why Is a Content Marketing Strategy Essential for Effective Content Marketing? Centerline Digital’s Stacey Northup presents solid evidence in favor of a documented content marketing strategy, then gives a top-level guide to creating one for your organization, in this post for Centerline Digital’s blog.
- Behaviorally-Triggered Email Marketing: It’s Easier than You Think Big data may be the future of marketing, but even small data is better than none. In this article for Marketing Land, SparkPost CMO Steve Dille demonstrates how you can harvest more data from your email list and take small steps toward using it effectively.
- How a Medical Company Used Content Marketing to Increase Traffic from 1k to 120k Visitors per Month Find out what strategies Kevin Phillips, failed snowboarder and reluctant carpenter, used to achieve fantastic results in his very first content marketing gig.
- 14 Ways to Reduce Your Site’s Bounce Rates In this article for Search Engine Watch, Econsultancy’s Graham Charlton dives deep into what makes people stay on your web site and explore it further.
- Why User Generated Content Is Here to Stay See how brands have employed user generated content to increase engagement, and learn the components of a successful UGC campaign, with Freelance Marketer Amber Bell’s post on LinkedIn.
- The Best Data Storytellers Aren’t Always the Numbers People Data-driven storytelling is an up-and-coming marketing trend. The Harvard Business Reviews’ Alexandra Samuel explores how content marketers without a flair for statistics can still tell data-driven stories successfully.
- We’ve Been Failing on Social Media for 2 Years. Here’s What We Think it Means The team at Buffer takes a candid look at their dwindling social media engagement, pondering what it means for their company (and marketing in general) and how the trend can be reversed.
Reach your target audience with the right content at the right time with the help of LinkedIn Marketing Solutions.