Trending Content of the Week: Thrills and Chills
October 16, 2015
Halloween is just two weeks away, and it’s time to finalize your costume for the big day. If you want to really terrify your marketing department this year, try dressing as an Undocumented Content Marketing Strategy. Although, come to think of it, that might be a little too scary.
Some good-natured thrills and chills are part of the Halloween fun. But there shouldn’t be any hidden terrors lurking in your marketing plan. If thinking about your pending 2016 strategy makes your blood run cold, gain peace of mind with the tips in this week’s roundup of top marketing content.
Top Marketing Articles to Read This Week:
- The Right Tools Are Critical, but You Can’t Forget the Content! As marketing becomes increasingly data and tech-driven, it’s important not to underestimate the value of great content. Rubicon’s Alex LePage discusses bridging tech and content to reach your audience in this article for Marketing Land.
- Introducing a New LinkedIn Groups Experience and iOS App LinkedIn just redesigned the LinkedIn Groups experience from the ground up, including mobile support on iOS for the first time. LinkedIn Groups Leader Minal Mehta outlines the new features in this article and video.
- Top 4 Content Marketing Metrics This article on the Duct Tape Marketing blog goes deeper than your average listicle. Community Manager Alex Boyer explains what each metric is, where to find it in Google Analytics, and how to improve your performance.
- Networking on LinkedIn: How to Build a Powerful Network Using LinkedIn Social Media Examiner provides two ways to get your LinkedIn lessons from Wired Advisor Media CEO Stephanie Sammons: Listen to the embedded podcast, or read it in article form.
- How to Do a Social Media Audit Content Marketing Consultant Brian Honigman brings solid advice and useful templates to help you optimize your social media presence, in this article for The Next Web.
- Tips to Evolve Your Digital Marketing Learn how to update your marketing efforts with this 40-minute webinar featuring Marketo’s Senior Manager of Online Marketing, Mike Tomita. Mike provides a guide to strategically choosing channels, targeting audiences, optimization, tracking, and reporting the results.
- 10 Tips for Effective SEO Copywriting Take a deep dive into the creative science of adding SEO to great copywriting with this SearchEngine Journal article from BKA Content’s Matt Secrist.
- What Mobile Users Really Want from a Business Website Google recently reported that over half of all searches now originate from a mobile device. HubShout President and Founder Adam Stetzer analyzes what users want from your mobile site in this article for Search Engine Watch.
- Influencer Marketing: The Next Level of Content Marketing Learn how to use influencer co-creation to enhance and amplify your content with this guide from Shane Barker, VP of Digital Marketing at Kamere.
- 2016 B2C Content Marketing Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends Report Content Marketing Institute and MarketingProfs present the results from their annual massive survey in this LinkedIn SlideShare presentation. Check out the B2B Report as well.
Get the LinkedIn marketing tips and treats you need to excel when you download the LinkedIn Content Marketing Tactical Plan.