Trending Content of the Week: Video Made the Millennial Millionaires
November 20, 2015
According to a recent article in Forbes magazine, the top 13 earners on YouTube made a combined $54 million dollars last year. Even the 12th and 13th highest earners had at least $2.5 million in revenue. And they’re all under 30. When you hear that news, you may wish you had learned to make Minecraft videos instead of getting a marketing degree.
The truth is, though, these millennial success stories are inspiring for marketers. They show just how big an audience there is on social media, how it’s possible conquer the world with no brand recognition or budget, and that audiences will reward those who create great content.
Of course, we can’t all have a makeup tutorial or gaming video go viral. But we can reach our audiences with creativity, strategy, and data-based tactics. We can drive real, sustainable business results that will advance our careers. So let the fresh-faced millionaires on YouTube inspire you to greatness. Read this week’s top marketing content and learn how to excel at what you’re already doing.
Top Marketing Articles to Read This Week:
- The 20 Best Infographics to Inspire Content Marketers Infographics are a great way to inform and entertain your audience. Obviously Social’s Lauren Mangiaforte rounds up the best examples of 2015 in this article for the NewsCred blog.
- When Followers Attack: A Monty Python Guide to Maintaining Social Media Harmony Take a silly walk through three social media attack scenarios and learn how to deal with them, in Freelance Storyteller Jonathan Crossfield’s post for the Content Marketing Institute.
- How to Prep for the Pending Penguin Update & Ensure You’re Penalty Free in 2016 Home Depot SEO Lead Manager Erin Everhart walks you through steps you can take to make sure you’re on Google’s good side in this article for Search Engine Land.
- 5 Secrets to Monetizing Your LinkedIn Experience LinkedIn is an indispensable business tool for Ally Way International President Daniel Ally. In this article for Entrepreneur, he details how he uses LinkedIn to make connections and close sales.
- Intro to Content Marketing with Joe Pulizzi Wouldn’t it be great to sit down for an hour and chat with Joe Pulizzi, Founder of the Content Marketing Institute? Well, here is the next best thing: Joe shares six simple steps to launch a business with content marketing in this interview from General Assembly.
- Email Is the Best Way to Reach Millennials That title may make you think, “Sure, and Snapchat is the best way to reach senior citizens.” But Adobe’s Kristin Naragon has the facts to back up her claim, and makes a solid case for quality email marketing to millennials in this article for the Harvard Business Review.
- 4 Tools to Build a Social Media Content Calendar In this post for Social Media Examiner, Mention’s Content & PR Manager Brittany Berger outlines the four steps of creating an editorial calendar, and four tools that can make the process painless.
- The Secret to a Winning Content Marketing Strategy? Just Ask Your best resource for figuring out what kind of content your audience wants would be…your audience, naturally. PM Digital’s Rachel Lindteigen explains how to tap into that resource in this article for Marketing Land.
- 4 Lessons Hollywood Can Teach Brands about Winning Big Audiences Learn how to think like a Hollywood producer to create blockbuster content with these tips from the Creative Artists Agency’s David Messinger.
Get the advice you need to be the marketing equivalent of a YouTube star when you subscribe to the LinkedIn Marketing Solutions blog.