Trending Content: Time To Get Energized
November 27, 2015
Thanksgiving has come and gone, and it’s time once again for marketers to start thinking about repurposing turkey slices, both physically and metaphorically. But it’s also time to shake off the food coma and get energized for the sprint through December.
For most of us, the end of the year is a wake-up call. Is it really almost December? Do I dare look at last year’s list of New Year’s resolutions? How many can I check off in the next four weeks?
However close you are to meeting your career goals for 2015, it’s never too late to learn a new skill or get better at an existing one. So juice up your marketing mind with this week’s top trending content, and finish the year out strong.
Top Marketing Articles to Read This Week:
- How to Assess and Improve Your Social Media Marketing: A Monthly Plan In this post for Social Media Examiner, Penguin Strategies’ Valerie Levin shares four quick steps to get better social media outcomes, including evaluating metrics and learning from your top-shared posts.
- Psst! These Keyword Opportunities are Sitting Right Under Your Nose Learn how to find keyword potential in your site search and current search engine rankings, in this tech-heavy tutorial from Science of SEO Founder Stephan Spencer, for Search Engine Land.
- When Data Just Isn’t Enough: The Hidden Context That’s Key to Content Loyalty Data is a vital component of modern marketing, but data alone does not cover everything you need to know about your audience or your marketing efforts. Moz Associate Ronell Smith introduces a new way of thinking about data in this post.
- How to Write Email Subject Lines that Make People Stop, Click, and Read Content Marketing Consultant Beth Hayden offers tips for improving your email marketing results, from general guidelines to A/B testing, in this post for Copyblogger.
- 12 Major Brands on Where SEO Fits in the Digital Marketing Mix for 2016 Google handles 100 billion searches per month and more than half of those are on mobile devices. So how valuable is SEO going into 2016? Find out what these 12 influencers have to say in Lee Odden's post on the TopRank Online Marketing Blog.
- How Data Will Transform B-to-B Marketing in 2016 Check out the five trends that Madison Logic’s Tom Koletas predicts will drive B2B in the upcoming year, in this article for Advertising Age. Tom explores predictive marketing, account-based marketing, data-driven content, and more.
- Search Vs. Social Media: How Audience ‘Intent’ Can Affect Content Marketing Performance In this piece for the Content Marketing Institute, King Content’s Daniel Hochuli demonstrates the importance of creating and optimizing separate content for search engine success or social media shareability.
- 5 Days. 5 Small Marketing Wins. 5 Minutes Each. While we all want to achieve massive success with our marketing efforts, it’s important not to underestimate the value of a small win. BlogMutt Director of Marketing Patrick Armitage’s article for Marketing Land will have you high-fiving your colleagues in almost no time.
- Why Your PR Won’t Survive without Content Marketing (and Vice Versa) Contently Communications Manager Ann Fabens-Lassen examines the changing roles of public relations and marketing in this article, ultimately demonstrating that each discipline can improve the other if you take a holistic approach.
Keep your energy up with marketing advice, tips, and strategies when you subscribe to the LinkedIn Marketing Solutions blog.