Up-level Your Lead Generation Strategy on LinkedIn, Learn How Wednesday 8/20
August 14, 2014
Social for lead generation has finally stepped into the limelight, and for good reason. The question of whether or not it can be an effective B2B marketing strategy has been answered with a resounding “yes” and LinkedIn is leading the charge. Research has shown that LinkedIn is the only platform the majority of B2B marketers consider to be effective, and 77 percent of B2B marketers say they have acquired a customer through LinkedIn.
The first step is developing a steady diet of content available to fuel your social lead generation efforts. Once you have the content, here are three things you should be doing to achieve success using LinkedIn for lead generation.
- Paying to promote your own good content - Organic is good, but paid is better. Organic posts generally only reach your initial following, whereas paid can go much further beyond your initial reach to engage prospects. If you are serious about using social for lead generation, then you need to have budget and headcount dedicated to content and social.
- Optimizing for mobile – With 70% of clicks on Sponsored Updates originating from mobile devices, it’s vital that your landing pages and content render nicely across mobile screens as well as desktops. When you post your content to the LinkedIn feed, you can be sure of a great experience across multiple devices when members are viewing the feed; but when they click through to your landing page, it’s up to you to maintain a seamless experience.
- Get personal and always be testing with Direct Sponsored Content – One of the great things about using social for lead gen is the ability to try out different messaging targeted at specific roles for better relevance. For example, by using Direct Sponsored Content, companies can deliver a more relevant experience by sending personalized messages to specific audiences. It gives them the ability to test and retest a variety of content in real-time until they get it right.
Want more tips for mastering lead generation on LinkedIn? Sure you do. RSVP now for the free live LinkedIn for Lead Generation Webinar happening on Wednesday August 20 at 11 am PST.
This is the webinar for those who are looking to get started with lead generation on LinkedIn, or looking to turn their current strategy up to eleven. I will be showing you proven tactics and strategies that many of our customers have found success with, and those we use ourselves here at LinkedIn.
Register today for this free webinar to learn:
- The importance of using social media to drive leads
- How to drive quality leads using LinkedIn Company Pages, Sponsored Updates, LinkedIn Groups and SlideShare
- The types of content that work best for driving leads on LinkedIn
- Best practices for messaging, visuals and targeting for your campaigns
- How to track and optimize your LinkedIn campaigns for maximum effectiveness
It’s time to up level your lead generation strategy with tactics and metrics that drive revenue.