What’s Trending in Marketing: Top Content of the Week
August 8, 2014
At LinkedIn, there’s nothing we love more than helping professionals fulfill career goals. And today, content has become the preferred avenue for marketers to learn the valuable insights, skills and tactics that improve performance. So naturally, we thought it would be helpful to provide you, the marketer, with a tidy list of trending content each week from the LinkedIn publishing platform, respected marketing blogs and SlideShare.
You’ll notice a few of the trending articles from LinkedIn Pulse focus on tips to succeed. Expect this to be a common theme as it aligns with the desire members have for professionally-minded content – something successful LinkedIn marketers keep in mind when engaging professionals on the platform.
In case you missed them, here are 10 marketing content contributions that were getting the clicks this week:
- The One Thing Successful People Never Fail To Do This post from LinkedIn influencer Bernard Marr begins with a knock, knock joke and provides several mini-stories of people’s path to success – all because they didn’t fail to do this one thing.
- 10 Surprising and Important Social Media Stats You Need To Know Let’s face it; there are more social media statistics than you can shake a stick at. In this post, Buffer’s Kevan Lee provides several surprising stats that may cause you to adjust your social strategy.
- 5 More Keys to Becoming Indispensable at Work Chris Gaborit’s first post was so nice, he decided to do it twice. If you missed the first five keys to becoming indispensable at work, no worries. There’s a link to those, too.
- How to Be a Killer Marketer in the Digital Era The social era provides countless opportunities for brands to take the big stage without a super bowl-sized budget. In this post, LinkedIn influencer Ryan Holmes helps brands claim their share of the roughly $1 trillion value potential social media holds for businesses.
- 3 Tools to Create a Social Media Hub In this Social Media Examiner post, guest author Per Schmitz advocates for pulling all your social conversations into a single hub. “Social media – including your website or blog – rely on interaction, so why isolate each conversation,” says Schmitz. Learn the tools Per recommends and see use cases from Arizona State University, General Electric and the Kansas City branch of the National Heart Association.
- How to Use LinkedIn Publisher to Get More Visibility Viveka von Rosen, author of LinkedIn Marketing: An Hour A Day, has been providing LinkedIn-related advice for years. In this post, she helps brands and professionals gain more visibility for their publishing efforts on LinkedIn. And bonus; our own Jason Miller is featured in the examples.
- 5 Social Media Trends You Must Understand It doesn’t take long for static social media strategies to become outdated. Vincenzo M. Landino aims to help marketers stay ahead of the curve by divulging five important trends he believes marketers should be paying attention to now.
- 12 Reasons to Integrate Visual Content Into Your Marketing Campaigns [Infographic] Did you know that 70% of your sensory receptors are concentrated inside the eye? This infographic created by Digital Marketing Philippines and featured on the HubSpot blog will help you appease all those visual sensory receptors with your content.
- LinkedIn Ads Can Be Tested and Targeted Like Never Before It’s not surprising that a post about LinkedIn was trending on Pulse. We’ve been discussing the recent launch of Direct Sponsored Content on the Marketing Solutions blog this week, and here’s a 3rd-party take on Direct Sponsored Content from Adweek’s Garret Sloane.
- Building a Content Marketing Strategy [SlideShare] With the annual Content Marketing World event fast approaching, Lee Odden of TopRank Online Marketing partnered with Content Marketing Institute to create this first in a series of four eBooks designed to help marketers create and execute a successful content marketing strategy. The presentation features advice from brands like Progressive Insurance, Boeing, Caterpillar, SAP, charity: water, John Deere and Kapost.
Stay connected with the latest from the marketing world and get fresh insights, tips and tactics for highly effective LinkedIn marketing when you subscribe to the LinkedIn Marketing Solutions blog.