What’s Trending in Marketing: Top Content of the Week
October 10, 2014
Ever wish you could add 2-3 extra hours per week just to read inspiring content people in our industry are writing and sharing? We feel your pain... which is why we do the finding for you.
Your next steps: Take a minute now to bookmark or subscribe to the LinkedIn Marketing Solutions blog, find a few minutes each weekend or on your commute each morning, and click on the top marketing articles that interest you most within our weekly recap. It’s a low-impact exercise -- and one that goes great with coffee.
Top Marketing Articles to Read This Week
1. Reaction: What SEOs Think About Facts & Answers Showing In Google Search Results If you haven’t noticed already, Google is now pulling content into its search results page using Structured Snippets. The concern for content marketers is that quick access to answers may lead to lower click-through rates and less content discovery via search. In this Search Engine Land post by Amy Gesenhues, you will read a variety of opinions and potential implications regarding Search Snippets from five leading SEOs.
2. How A Google Mistake That Killed Buzzfeed’s Traffic Turned It Into A Social Media Powerhouse Love ‘em or hate ‘em, you can’t deny BuzzFeed’s ability to capture clicks and returning visitors. In this Marketing Land post, Danny Sullivan shares the main takeaways from his recent conversation with BuzzFeed CEO Jonah Peretti.
3. Ways to Proactively Welcome Women Into Online Marketing This post by Moz’s Senior Community Manager Erica McGillivray inspired a lively discussion in the comments. Why not give it a read and join the conversation?
4. The Number One Secret to B2B Content Marketing Success Plus 150 B2B Marketing Statistics Looking for an organized breakdown of this year’s benchmarks, budgets, and trends from Content Marketing Institute and Marketing Profs? In this post, TopRank’s Lee Odden provides just that.
5. 3 Tips to Promote Yourself and Business on LinkedIn Entrepreneur, Social Media Expert, and Sales & Marketing Consultant Vladimir Ninov offers practical LinkedIn marketing tips in this post from the LinkedIn publishing platform.
6. Traditional advertising is dying (and that’s just fine) Inside Social CEO Brewster Stanislaw explains why traditional advertising is “dying a slow, painful and very public death”. Read on to discover Brewster’s keys for making advertising work in the modern age, along with examples from companies that get it.
7. 17 Quick Wins to Boost Your Social Media Marketing Right Away “I should have been doing this a long time ago,” is what you’ll say to yourself once when you read this post by Buffer’s Kevan Lee.
8. Social Media Platforms Aren’t Websites, They’re Venues “It’s all about working the room,” says award-winning Marketing Director Robert Hunter IV in this post from the LinkedIn publishing platform. Let Robert teach you the right way to work the room within the various social media venues.
9. How to Repurpose Blog Content for Social Media Repurposing blog content for social media isn’t just a good idea in terms of productivity, it’s also great for engagement. In this post from Social Media Examiner, guest author Rebecca Livermore shows you how.
10. 56 Reasons Why Content Marketing Works Whether you still need convincing before moving forward with content marketing, or you are convincing the C-suite to give you a bigger content marketing budget, compelling content marketing facts are what you will find when you click through this SlideShare presentation from our friends and partners at NewsCred.
Stay connected with your industry. Get fresh insights, tips and tactics for highly effective marketing. Subscribe to the LinkedIn Marketing Solutions blog today.