What’s Trending in Marketing: Top Content of the Week
November 6, 2014
Every other year, for over 200 years, Americans have headed to the polls to cast their vote in the first week of November. In the content marketing world, the voting process is ongoing as consumers “elect” which content they deem as “sharable” on a daily basis. Each Friday, we love sharing the content you and your marketing peers elect into our Top Content of the Week. So, in the spirit of democracy, read on to discover the articles, infographics, and SlideShare presentations that were voted “most sharable” this week.
Top Marketing Articles to Read This Week
1. 10 Ways To Create Contagious Content for Your Social Media Marketing In this post from the Jeff Bullas blog, guest author Vinay Koshay provides scientific research around the psychology of sharing, and gives marketers concrete tips for increasing “sharability” through science.
2. How to Build a Powerful Network Using LinkedIn LinkedIn can give you exposure and access to important people, help you attract new prospects, and much more. But a powerful LinkedIn network doesn’t just occur naturally. This Social Media Examiner post by Stephanie Sammons outlines 5 steps to building a smarter LinkedIn network that will open doors for you and your business.
3. 5 Steps to Reduce Frustration and Create Effective Content Workflows Organizations with a set process for producing content publish more consistently and with less effort. In this Content Marketing Institute article, Jesse Noyes, Senior Director of Content Marketing for Kapost, shares an easy-to-use workflow you can use when creating your content marketing plan.
4. B2B Content Marketing Trends for 2015 [Infographic] What will 2015 bring for B2B marketers? Verónica Maria Jarski shares an infographic based on the B2B Content Marketing Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends—North America report. Check it out to discover the essential content marketing trends your brand should focus on in 2015.
5. Five Customer Metrics Every Manager Should Know The more you understand the needs of your customers, the better you will be able to target your marketing to attract more of them. In this post on the LinkedIn publishing platform, Influencer Bernard Marr shares five metrics that will help you understand who your customers are, why they come to you, and where to find others like them.
6. 7 Content Marketing Tips For When You Lack Time & Resources Many marketers are challenged to produce original content with a smaller budget or team than they would like. Marketing Land columnist Chuck Sharp explains how marketers can increase the amount of original content they produce by strategically leveraging curation as part of a content marketing strategy.
7. Five Tips for Effective 'Emotional Branding' Today, marketing goes beyond just selling a product or service. Consumers want to buy from brands that make them feel good about their purchase. In this article by MarketingProfs, contributor Jeannette de Beauvoir shares five ways you can form an emotional connection with consumers through your marketing.
8. Put the “and” Back in “Sales and Marketing” McKinsey research shows when sales and marketing work together, companies grow revenue two to three times more than competitors. In this post on the Harvard Business Review Blog Network, contributors Jenny Cermak, Maryanne Hancock, Homayoun Hatami, and Roland John explain how marketers and sales professionals can form an effective partnership.
9. 10 Must-Read Content Marketing Posts for 2015 It is critical for marketers to periodically assess their current content strategy and determine new ways to maximize impact. In this post on the Online Marketing Blog, Lee Odden shares ten resources to help marketers get more out of their content marketing in 2015.
10. The Social Lifecycle: Consumer Insights to Improve Your Business Are you using social media in the right way to reach your consumers? HubSpot recently queried 569 consumers to find out their social media preferences and brand expectations. In this SlideShare presentation, learn what marketers must do to improve their sales, marketing, and customer service.
Stay connected with your industry. Get fresh insights, tips, and tactics for highly effective marketing. Subscribe to the LinkedIn Marketing Solutions blog today.
Image Source: http://www.galdimechanicalscorp.com