What’s Trending in Marketing: Top Content of the Week
November 14, 2014
“If you want to be a writer, you must do two things above all others: read a lot and write a lot.” - Stephen King
This strategy certainly helped best-selling author Stephen King find success. And I think the same can be said for content marketers. If you want to learn how to create great content, you need to read great content. To help you achieve this goal, we compile the top posts your marketing peers are reading and sharing on LinkedIn every week. Read on to learn how to use the right colors to enhance your story, discover expert tactics for extending the reach of your content, and indulge in other trending posts that will inspire the creator within you.
Top Marketing Articles to Read This Week
1. This New Book Will Make You a Content Rock Star What does it take to build successful content marketing programs at companies like LinkedIn and Marketo? On her blog, Ann Handley reveals how Jason Miller’s new book, Welcome to the Funnel, delivers the one-two punch of social media & content marketing to create content that will deliver results for your organization.
2. Are You Missing These 5 Social Sharing Powerhouses? “You can’t just publish your content and pray for results,” writes Heidi Cohen in this widely-shared post. Head over to her blog to learn how to maximize the distribution of every piece of content you produce.
3. 13 Experts on How To Promote Content Before Hitting Publish To get the most reach with your content, you have to start promoting it before it goes live. In this post on Buzzsumo, Henley Wing shares the pre-publication strategies 13 top content marketers use to ensure their content reaches a wide audience.
4. 9 Keys To Brand Publishing Success Consumers today are constantly active on the web, particularly on social media platforms. And they expect to interact frequently with brands wherever they go. In this post on the LinkedIn publishing platform, Michael Brenner discusses why you need to think and act like a publisher to help your brand connect better with your consumers.
5. Don’t Make These 9 Common SEO Mistakes SEO is a critical component of the content marketing plan. During Content Marketing World, The Art of SEO author Stephan Spencer shared the most common SEO mistakes marketers make. Read this Content Marketing Institute post by Ann Gynn to learn which missteps to avoid when crafting your SEO strategy.
6. How to Transform Your LinkedIn Profile Into a Marketing Tool Can buyers immediately identify the value you offer to them by looking at your profile? In this Social Media Examiner post, Kristina Jaramillo reveals four ways to use your LinkedIn profile to attract potential decision makers.
7. 7 Advanced LinkedIn Strategies for B2B Marketing For B2B marketers, LinkedIn is the most effective social network. According to research from Oktopost, LinkedIn brings in over 80% of a business’s social media leads, more than all other networks combined. On the KISSmetrics blog, Neil Patel outlines seven tactics you can leverage to make LinkedIn the ultimate B2B marketing tool for you.
8. The Psychology of Colors in Marketing Did you know that up to 90% of quick decisions about products are made based on the color alone? In this post on the LinkedIn publishing platform, Kyle Reyes shares how colors affect the emotions of buyers and explains why marketers need to carefully consider the colors they use in content.
9. How To Win at SEO & Content Marketing In 2015 If you are looking to make an impact with your content in 2015, now is the time to make sure your SEO strategy will be working for you. Search Engine Land columnist Nate Dame lists five things you need to know about SEO to succeed with your content marketing next year.
10. Best Practices for Publishing Posts on LinkedIn The LinkedIn publishing platform gives you the opportunity to establish instant credibility in the eyes of those who view your LinkedIn profile. In this SlideShare presentation by LinkedIn, learn how to write posts that strengthen your professional reputation and expand your influence.
Stay connected with your industry. Get fresh insights, tips, and tactics for highly effective marketing. Subscribe to the LinkedIn Marketing Solutions blog today.
Image Source: pixabay.com