What’s Trending in Marketing: Top Content of the Week
November 21, 2014
B2B marketers with a documented content marketing strategy are twice as effective as their peers who have a verbal content strategy, and over four times more effective than marketers who have no strategy at all.
To help marketing teams plan a strategy that leads to their desired destination, we compile the trending posts that cover latest marketing trends and tactics each week on the LinkedIn Marketing Solutions blog. Read on to learn how to lure consumers away from your competitors, discover how to develop trust with your content, and gain insights from three content marketing campaigns that pre-date content marketing itself.
Top Marketing Articles to Read This Week
1. 20 Social Media Marketing Tips From the Pros Where do social media experts like Guy Kawasaki, Joe Pulizzi, Melonie Dodaro, and Jason Miller focus their efforts in social media? In this post on Social Media Examiner, contributor Cindy King asks 20 speakers from Social Media Marketing World 2015 how they produce results with their social media marketing.
2. Want More Customers? Grasp These 5 Truths... Studies show that 81% of consumers research online before they make a major purchase. In this post on the LinkedIn publishing platform, J.T. O'Donnell explains how to develop content that will earn the trust of your consumers as they advance through each stage of the buying cycle.
3. The Content Habits of B2B Enterprise Marketers How are your fellow content marketers learning and engaging online? In this MarketingProfs post, contributor Ayaz Nanji reveals content habits of B2B marketers using data from a survey conducted by Kapost. Check out the infographic to see how you stack up against your peers.
4. 10 More Charts That Are Changing Content Marketing Contently managing editor Sam Petulla shares 10 research-based charts that dive into everything from how to develop trust with sponsored content to how mobile is changing marketing. Read his post to learn how to make your content marketing more effective by taking advantage of the latest industry research.
5. Why Content Creators Should Care About Adaptive Content When websites customize their content to each visitor, they convert 3 to 10 times more than websites with non-personalized content. In this Content Marketing Institute post, Kristen Hicks provides tactical advice about using adaptive content to better connect with your consumers.
6. What MUST Change In Social Media Marketing For 2015 “Social Media is fundamentally about conversation, collaboration, and community” writes Leslie Hughes. Read this post from the LinkedIn publishing platform to learn Leslie’s tips for cutting through the clutter and deepening relationships with your consumers.
7. 11 Reasons Why Your Website Doesn't Sell A study by Nielsen Norman Group found that the average time visitors stay on a website is only 10 to 20 seconds. In this Entrepreneur article, contributor Firas Kittaneh explains how to make every second count when consumers visit your brand’s website.
8. Marketing is not for Me Is your marketing designed to meet the needs of your brand or your consumers? In this post on the LinkedIn publishing platform, Virginia Sharma explains how to build a stronger emotional connections with your consumers by shifting your mindset.
9. 3 Lessons in Content Marketing From the Past In this Search Engine Journal post, contributor Brian Honigman will make you nostalgic for the old days of content marketing. You know, before anyone called it content marketing. Enjoy Brian’s blast-from-the-past breakdown of campaigns from Jell-O, Westinghouse, and General Mills.
10. SlideShare: The Future Of B2B Marketing As you shape your strategy for 2015, are you thinking about how to stay at the forefront of content marketing? In this SlideShare presentation, Ross Simmonds reveals four emerging trends that will redefine B2B marketing and shares how to take advantage of them to better reach your consumers.
Hungry for more industry trends? Feed your knowledge with fresh insights, tips, and tactics for highly effective marketing. Subscribe to the LinkedIn Marketing Solutions blog today.