What’s Trending in Marketing: Top Content of the Week
January 9, 2015
A new year can bring a fresh perspective and optimism. For aspirational professionals, January often comes with a fresh set of goals. You are likely thinking about your goals as you read this. To conquer your goals over the coming year, you’ll need a steady dose of insights and inspiration, and we’ll continue to chip in where we can. Read on to discover the top posts your marketing peers were reading and sharing on LinkedIn this week.
Top Marketing Articles to Read This Week
1. 28 Social Media Marketing Predictions for 2015 from the Pros Want to know if you should focus your social media efforts on visual or blog content? Automated or personalized content? In this post, marketing thought leaders Heidi Cohen, Peg Fitzpatrick, Francisco Rosales and others share their thoughts on 2015’s pivotal social media marketing trends.
2. Human-to-Human Marketing: A Trend for 2015 and Beyond “What is the one thing that businesses and consumers ultimately have in common? We’re all 100%, completely, undeniably human,” writes Jess Marranco on the HubSpot Marketing blog. Read her article to learn 10 ways you can make your brand more conversational, empathetic, and inspirational and to see examples from companies such as Under Armour, Southwest Airlines, and BuzzFeed.
3. LinkedIn Reveals Top 25 Skills of 2014, SEO in the Top 5 We analyzed data from 330 million LinkedIn member profiles to determine the top 25 in-demand skills of 2014. The team at Search Engine Journal was thrilled to see SEO/SEM marketing make the list at number five. Head over to their blog to learn which professional skills were most coveted in 2014.
4. The 30 Under 30 Setting a New Standard in Marketing and Advertising Forbes’s list of 30 Professionals under 30 honors those who are “fearlessly rewriting the marketing playbook, finding whitespace, and developing unprecedented tools, processes, strategies, and companies.” Check out this list to meet the Millennials making their mark on marketing and advertising, including LinkedIn’s own Deanna Lazzaroni.
5. LinkedIn Reaches One Million Member Posts, Opens Publishing to New Markets Thanks to you, we recently hit a huge milestone. Each week, LinkedIn members publish more than 40,000 posts and spark conversations on the world’s largest professional network. Find out what changes we have in store for 2015 and learn what members have to say about the LinkedIn Publishing Platform.
6. How to Get 200+ New Subscribers from 1 LinkedIn Article Over 80% of B2B social leads come from LinkedIn, six times more than any other network. In this Content Marketing Institute post, learn about the five steps B2B copywriter Rachel Foster completed to gain hundreds of new leads with a single post on the LinkedIn publishing platform.
7. The Future of Digital Media in 2015 At the beginning of 2014, venture capitalist Peter Csathy prophesied a new “golden age” of content. His forecast proved correct with giants like Amazon, Microsoft, and Apple investing approximately $10 billion in content-driven organizations. In this TechCrunch article, Csathy delivers eight predictions for how brands interact with consumers in 2015.
8. Sense and Sensibility: Using Social Media the Right Way It’s time to put your social media dilemmas to rest. In this post, Entrepreneur contributor Ann Tran shares five common sense best practices for choosing the right publishing frequency, differentiating your content, engaging your audience, reaching out to influencers, and choosing the best social channel.
9. How Marketing Will Change in 2015: The Creative Forecast In this Fast Company article, contributor Jeff Beer asks agency, digital, and brand leaders about the rapidly evolving field of brand creativity. Discover the technological, societal, economic, and media trends that industry leaders like Allie Kline and Gareth Kay predict will impact marketing in the coming year.
10. The Top 15 Rules of Content Marketing for 2015 Is your content marketing constantly evolving to meet the latest best practices? Check out this SlideShare presentation by ELIV8 Business Strategies to learn 15 research-backed rules for content marketing and find out if you are practicing any of them at your organization.