What’s Trending in Marketing: Top Content of the Week
May 22, 2015
Chances are you're either reading this while traveling to your Memorial Day getaway destination, or you're reading it while dreaming about that getaway destination. Am I right?
Our minds, like our bodies, deserve to wander from time to time to explore the unknown, and sometimes to re-explore the familiar. New perspectives are often discovered when we allow ourselves the time to relax, ponder, and consume information that re-ignites our brains.
So, go ahead: take some time to explore. Our curated list of articles from the world of marketing this week can help you on your path to rejuvenation.
Top Marketing Articles to Read This Week
- How to Inject Personality Into Content Marketing Humor can be a great forcing mechanism for rejuvenation, opening our minds to the sensations of joy and delight. In this piece on Inc., FunnyBizz Founder David Nihill shares five tactics for adding wit and humor to your content from LinkedIn’s Jason Miller.
- Words on Fleek: 12 Writing Rules for Digital The digital landscape changes so fast that content (like the word “fleek”) can quickly become obsolete. Rick Albano, Executive Creative Director at Swift, shows how to keep your digital content evergreen in this post on Adweek’s Social Times blog.
- You Finally Achieved Content Virality! Now What? You can always count on Moz for an insightful deep dive, and this one from content crafter Isla McKetta is no exception. Check it out for a practical guide on how to process and learn from a viral success.
- The World’s Top CEOs Are Tweeting More, Facebooking Less A new study from PR firm Weber Shandwick examined the social media habits of CEOs from the world’s largest companies. Social media reporter Kurt Wagner sums up who’s posting what and where for Re/code’s tech news section.
- SMM101: How to Create a #SocialMedia Marketing Plan from the Ground Up If you’re just getting started with social media marketing, this primer from When I Work Marketing VP Sujan Patel will get you up to speed. Sujan covers the basics and includes a funny picture of a squirrel for added value.
- Dr. Evil’s Guide to Landing Page Optimization At last week’s Authority 2015 Conference, Copyblogger’s Chief Content Officer Sonia Simone laid out some (not at all evil) optimization tactics inspired by pop culture’s greatest villains. TopRank’s Evan Prokop brings you the highlights and takeaways.
- 6 SEO Misconceptions & the Real Value of Linkbuilding If you’re ready to get down and nerdy with some in-depth SEO discussion, this post by Digital Marketing Consultant Nicolas Collebechi should do the trick. Nicolas drops knowledge about linkbuilding, long tail keywords, and more.
- The Google-Twitter Deal Goes Live, Giving Tweets Prominent Placement in Google’s Results Get the details of Google’s historic deal with Twitter from Search Engine Land’s Chief Content Officer Danny Sullivan. See what’s getting displayed and where, and what both parties hope to gain from the arrangement.
- How to Create a LinkedIn Company Page to Promote Your Business This easy-to-read, easy-to-implement guide from Digital Marketing Consultant Elizabeth Malone-Johnstone's guest post on Social Media Examiner outlines nuts-and-bolts instructions and advanced strategies to get your LinkedIn company page seen.
- Become a Content Marketing Powerhouse: Secrets to a Super-Sticky Strategy Spoiler alert: The secret to becoming a content marketing powerhouse is the value that you add to your content. Digital Marketing Strategist Rebekah Radice has a 10-step plan for creating and sharing that value with your audience.
For a steady stream of invigorating marketing insights, subscribe to the LinkedIn Marketing Blog.