What’s Trending in Marketing: Top Content of the Week
June 5, 2015
Summer has come to the Northern Hemisphere, and with it comes the desire to pack up the car and go searching for a transcendent moment of beauty and silence in the natural world. Even people whose idea of roughing it is a hotel without room service can feel that primal pull this time of year.
If you’re currently office-bound, take heart! The weekend is just around the corner. Soon you can give your working mind a break and find your Zen. Until then, keep your marketing game on point and finish out the week strong with this week’s trending marketing articles.
Top Marketing Articles to Read This Week
1. How to Create Content Ideas Using Buzzsumo (and APIs): Moz has a reputation for in-depth, practical guides, and this article from Aira’s Paddy Moogan is no exception. Check it out to see how Buzzsumo’s powerful and flexible tools can help you create content that connects with your audience.
2. Stop Thinking Content, Start Thinking Resources: In his Content Marketing Institute guest post, BioBM Consulting’s Carlton Hoyt argues for a more thoughtful approach to content creation, tied directly to utility for the audience. Dig in to learn the difference between content and a resource, and discover examples of brands that are getting it right in terms of resources.
3. How to Scale Content Marketing Like a Manufacturer: The IQ by Intel team has achieved remarkable results with their content marketing and distribution efforts. DigitalRelevance Co-founder Aaron Aders shares the secrets to their success in this Inc. article.
4. The Art of Storytelling in a Digital Age: Shuttlerock’s Jonny Mole puts a unique spin on the familiar topic of storytelling in marketing. His post on Jeff Bullas’s blog explores the lessons we in the post-mass-media age can learn from pre-mass-media storytelling in marketing.
5. What’s a Data Guy Like Me Doing in a Place like Cannes? LinkedIn Marketing Solutions Head of Products Russell Glass is a self-described “data-driven product guy.” In this piece for Advertising Age, he examines the way creative content and data can work together to provide exceptional customer service experiences.
6. The Digital Marketer’s Mobile Optimization Checklist: Google’s prioritization of mobile-friendly content is just one of many reasons marketers should focus on mobile optimization. TopRank Online Marketing’s Ashley Zeckman details the hows and whys of mobile optimization in this piece on the TopRank blog.
7. Take the Wheel: 5 Ways to Drive Buyer Behavior with User-generated Content: In this article for MarketingLand, LiveFyre founder and CEO Jordan Kretchmer shows how brands are building credibility and fostering community by encouraging and curating customers’ content.
8. Respect Digital Rights or Watch User-generated Content Backfire: A discussion of the benefits of user-generated content wouldn’t be complete without an analysis of its potential risks. In this post for Marketingprofs, Scoopshot founder and CEO Petri Rahja details the potential pitfalls of UGC and how to minimize the risk.
9. How to Create Customized LinkedIn Backgrounds: Do you want to stand out on LinkedIn? Establish a strong and striking visual presence using the background image on your profile page. In this post for Social Media Examiner, John Nemo provides a nuts-and-bolts guide to making a one-of-a-kind background image.
10. How to Turn Your Hub into an SEO Rockstar: In this SlideShare from Uberflip, Customer Success Lead Sam Brennand goes deep into practical tips for making your content hub more accessible and visible for search engines and audiences alike.
For a steady stream of marketing tips, trends, and insights, subscribe to the LinkedIn Marketing Solutions blog.