What’s Trending in Marketing: Top Content of the Week
June 12, 2015
Ah, San Francisco. The beautiful architecture, the fog, the amazing restaurants, the fog, Alcatraz Island, Golden Gate Bridge, the fog…it’s a truly magical place. Tuesday, June 9th was LinkedIn's 2015 B2B Connect held in San Francisco, and even though we call San Francisco home, we’re all still reeling from the intellectual journey. We’re catching up on sleep, processing the insights from the amazing lineup of speakers, and getting back up to speed on what our fellow marketers were reading and sharing most this week.
So before you embark upon your weekend activities, whether you're near or far, we invite you to dive into this week’s roundup of trending marketing articles.
Top Marketing Articles to Read This Week:
1. Segment Your Blog Content to Drive More Leads and Sales We all know more personalized content is more likely to appeal to an audience. In this post for the Content Marketing Institute, Dan Faggella, CEO & Founder of CLVboost Email Marketing, provides a primer on creating market segments and tailoring content to more effectively engage your audience.
2. How to Create Surveys People Won’t Hate Taking Marketing surveys are a great tool for gathering information and engaging an audience, but it’s tricky to make a survey people actually want to take. HubSpot’s Market Research Analyst Mimi An brings plenty of tips and strategies you can use to make more effective and more accurate surveys in this post on the HubSpot blog.
3. Who is on Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Snapchat and Other Networks? To be a successful marketer, it’s important to know who your audience is and where you can find them. This infographic from SocialTimes breaks down the demographics of social networks by gender, age, location, income, and education level.
4. The Biggest Differences Between Articles and Blogs Part of a successful content marketing strategy is knowing what type of content is the best fit for specific audiences and platforms. In this blog post for Social Media Today, SEMGeeks.com Digital Marketing Manager Pete Schauer explains the difference in form and functionality between articles and blog posts.
5. 5 Digital Marketing Trends that Will Disrupt Your Business Digital disruption is turning traditional business models on their heads, and the rate of change is only increasing as we barrel toward the future of commerce and marketing. See how your organization can capitalize on the latest digital marketing trends with this article from strategist Jeff Bullas.
6. How to Turn Your Social Media Marketing from Cost Center to Profit Center Data and analytics are Kissmetrics’ bread and butter. So it’s no surprise this deep-dive social media strategy post by Revfluence Content Marketing Manager Kate Talbot is backed by an abundance of numbers.
7. Why LinkedIn Is an Essential Part of Your Content Marketing Strategy In this 23-minute episode of Copyblogger’s Missing Link with Sean Jackson podcast, LinkedIn Content Marketing Manager Jason Miller shares case studies that demonstrate the power of LinkedIn as a content marketing platform and tactics you can use to rule the platform with your content.
8. Marketers, It’s Time to Stop and Standardize It’s easy to get caught up in the creative side of marketing and neglect the organization and standardization that makes the business run smoothly. In this article for the Marketing Land blog, INTEGRATE CMO Scott Vaughan details five key areas where standardization can lead to more efficient processes and better scalability.
9. 12 Social Media Marketing Trends for Small Business Social Media Examiner just released their seventh annual Social Media Marketing Industry report. Freelance content writer Suzanne Delzio brings the highlights and takeaways in this chart-and-graph-heavy post full of data goodness.
10. The Big Picture of Content Marketing Strategy Lights, camera, action! The Content Marketing Institute brings a little old-school Hollywood flair to this collection of tips and tactics from thought leaders in the industry, as part of the build-up to CMWorld 2015.
Subscribe to the LinkedIn Marketing Solutions Blog for a daily dose of marketing tips, trends, and insights.