What’s Trending in Marketing: Top Content of the Week
Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity Edition
June 27, 2015
This week, the eyes of the marketing world are fixed on Cannes, for the 2015 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. The LinkedIn Marketing team had no choice but to make the trek to the beautiful beaches of the French Riviera to witness the festivities firsthand. From our daily recaps to the thought leader interviews captured on our Cannes Lions content hub, we're delighted to bring you the latest news and takeaways from the event.
This week’s roundup of top marketing content is all about the ideas, technology, and innovation on display at the festival.
Top Marketing Articles to Read This Week:
1. Cannes Lions Festival Shifts Focus Toward Ad Technology This year, the ad tech companies that used to operate on the outskirts of the festival took center stage. New York Times reporter Sydney Ember has the scoop on how marketing and ad agencies are responding to the shift in direction.
2. 5 Intriguing Takes on Advertising and Technology’s Relationship Status: New Thoughts from Industry’s Heavy Hitters For more insights on the rapid convergence of advertising and technology, dive into this piece by Adweek Digital Editor Chris Heine. Heine takes the pulse of the industry with quotes from five key players in the marketing and technology worlds.
3. Brands and Agencies Are Not Pushing Boundaries Enough: Media Lions Jury Despite the technological innovation on display, the Media Lions Jury was underwhelmed by many major brands’ campaigns. AdNews Editor Rosie Baker reports on what did and didn’t wow the jury this year.
4. In Cannes, A Focus on the New Marketing Leadership Imperative: Creative Transformation To survive in the digital future, brands need to push boundaries and innovate. In this article for Forbes, Eliza Esquivel, VP of Global Brand Strategy at Mondelez International and Ed Cotton, CSO at Butler, Shine, Stern & Partners detail a 7-point strategy to fuel creative transformation.
5. In Search of the New “Mad Men”: Will They Be at Cannes This Year? Advertising and marketing have come a long way since the Don Draper-esque agency men from the 60’s. In this post on the Marketing Land blog, Marketo CMO Sanjay Dholakia ponders what it takes to be a world-beating marketer in 2015.
6. 5 Predictions from the Future of Social Media: Cheil Digital Chief Peter Kim What do the changes in social media mean for marketers? How do our existing strategies fit into the future of technology? Peter Kim ponders the big questions in this article for The Drum.
7. Seminar Report / Tooled up for the Future The team at Contagious presents this roundup of takeaways from the “Toolkit for Transformation” seminar, which showcased the tools marketers can use to keep up with changes in the industry and stay relevant to consumers.
8. How Cannes’ Marketer of the Year Codifies Creativity This year’s Creative Marketer of the Year award goes to Heineken. Find out how they produce their innovative marketing content in this article by journalist Louise Jack for the Co.Create blog.
9. Authenticity in Branding: 5 Creativity Lessons from Marilyn Manson Marilyn Manson’s Cannes Lions session was a rock ‘n’ roll marketer’s dream come true. LinkedIn Marketing Solutions’ Jason Miller presents five lessons marketers can learn from one of the last real rock stars.
10. Brandhome Speaks at Cannes Lions 2015 on Social Storytelling This SlideShare from Brandhome Founder Erik Saelens explores the nature of brands, how brands relate to stories, and how branding and storytelling interact in the social media era.
For more fast follow takeaways from Cannes Lions 2015, subscribe to our blog.