What’s Trending in Marketing: Top Content of the Week
July 10, 2015
Have you ever seen a sand sculpture competition? Artists rope off a section of the beach, spend hours building and shaping, and end up with something amazing. Ten-foot-tall castles, dragons, life-size replicas of famous statues—somehow they manage to carve sand like marble and mold it like clay.
Building an amazing sand sculpture has a lot in common with launching a successful marketing campaign. Both require planning, strategy, the perfect blend of raw materials, the right tools, practice, and patience.
This week’s roundup of trending marketing articles won’t help you become a better sand sculptor, but you will definitely find plenty of advice for planning, executing, and optimizing an amazing marketing strategy.
Top Marketing Articles to Read This Week:
- 3 Content Strategy Practices That Will Make You a Better Content Marketer A solid strategy for deploying and maintaining content is essential for getting the most out of your time and resource investment. Content Marketing Institute’s Vice President of Content Michele Linn identifies the key practices you can implement to ensure your content stays relevant, consistent, and discoverable.
- How to Promote Your Business with Brand Ambassadors Using Visual Content Marketing Visual content is a vital component of an effective content marketing mix. In this article on JeffBullas.com, Shuttlerock COO & Founder Paul Bingham explains how to motivate your brand ambassadors to create visual content that enhances your brand’s authenticity.
- A Complete Checklist for Social Media Managers Sprout Social Digital Marketing Specialist Michael Patterson shares the secrets of his social media management success in this post for SocialTimes. Check out the article for a printable checklist of activities to perform daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly.
- 9 Social Media Marketing Rules You Should Break There are few things more satisfying than breaking rules and getting better outcomes because of your rogue behavior. In this article for iMediaConnection, Anvil Media, Inc. President and Founder Kent Lewis draws on his 15-year career in digital marketing to identify the rules that might be holding your social media marketing strategy back.
- How to Double Your Writing Speed without Lowering Its Quality Crazy Egg co-founder Neil Patel is a ridiculously prolific writer, publishing 17,000 words a week on various platforms. He specializes in insanely-detailed guides, and this article is no exception. It explains how to optimize every aspect of writing, from increasing typing speed to generating ideas to avoiding distractions.
- Is Deep Linking the New Digital Marketing Battleground? As more content is consumed on mobile devices, deep linking (linking to specific pages in a mobile app) presents a unique set of challenges and opportunities for marketers. Ready Set Rocket’s Founding Partner and Chief Strategist Alex Lirtsman explains deep linking in detail and explores the possibilities in this piece for Marketing Land.
- How We Increased the Conversion Rate on Our Mobile Landing Pages HubSpot offers an instructional glimpse into their marketing process in this post by Marketing Specialist Lauren Pedigo. Lauren goes step-by-step through the redesign, demonstrating why their previous landing page didn’t work before revealing how they optimized it for mobile devices.
- What CMOs Need to Know about SEO In this article for Forbes, MWI Founder & CEO Josh Steimle provides an overview of SEO history, current best practices, and recent developments to enable CMOs to more effectively manage their SEO teams.
- How to Use LinkedIn Showcase Pages for Business LinkedIn Showcase Pages are a useful tool for spotlighting your company’s specific brands, business units, or initiatives. In this article for Social Media Examiner, Boulder SEO Marketing Founder Chris Raulf shows how you can create and optimize Showcase Pages for your organization.
For a more tips and tools to help you build your own marketing masterpieces, subscribe to our blog.