What’s Trending in Marketing: Top Content of the Week
September 5, 2014
It’s prime event season in the marketing world. On Monday Sept. 8th, thousands of practitioners are headed to Content Marketing World in Cleveland for what promises to be an inspiring mix of insights and actionable takeaways.
My colleague Jason Miller and I are also headed to Cleveland. Jason will be teaming up with NewsCred co-founder Shafqat Islam to present Content Creation Strategies that Deliver a Real Return and I will be guest speaking along with Susan Misukanis, Pam Didner, Koka Sexton, Connie Benson, and Lee Odden for a tech/software industry lab on September 11th.
We hope to see you there! If you can’t make it to #CMWorld this year, you can still attend your own mini-event by absorbing the insights in our Top Content of the Week. No need to register. Just scroll down and let the learning begin.
- How to Optimize Your Content for the Top 5 Social Networks HubSpot’s Maggie Hibma makes an appearance on the Social Media Examiner blog to provide some quick-hitting tips for marketing on the most popular social media channels. Maggie’s LinkedIn advice is spot on.
- But I Have to Buy Links, Ads, and Exposure, Because My Customers Won’t Amplify My Content This is not the first time we have featured Rand Fishkin’s whiteboard Friday on Top Content of the Week. This week, Rand shows marketers how to find, and capitalize on, their audience’s motivation.
- 7 Marketing Cheat Sheets You’ll Use Again and Again Content marketers will love this list of resources that were compiled by Kapost’s Jesse Noyes. Why are these cheat sheets so valuable? Well, as Noyes says, “They’re designed to make smaller, tactical aspects of your overall strategy easier. And in a field with so many moving parts, like marketing, cheat sheets can be clutch.”
- 30 Minutes a Day: The Power of Daily Habits in Successful Content Marketing (and Life) If your inspiration levels are running a little low, this post from Jayson DeMers will top off your tank. In this Search Engine Watch post, DeMers provides a terrific mix of examples that showcase the power of daily habits, followed by suggestions for tapping into the power of daily habits to achieve content marketing success.
- Hacking Is The New Marketing To McKinsey’s David Edelman, a “hack” is “about taking on a major business goal without the baggage of the status quo.” Edelman admits that specific elements are required for marketing hacks to work, which is why he put together a checklist of the 11 required elements of marketing hacks in this post on the LinkedIn publishing platform.
- The Most Effective Paid Channel of 2Q14 Spoiler alert: it’s social media. Learn the details behind social media’s effectiveness in this excellent breakdown by MarketingProfs research writer Ayaz Nanji.
- What Marketers Can Learn From the Modern Digital Influencer LinkedIn influencer Tara Hunt addresses the “why” in part one of her Building a Strong Digital Influencer Program series. In this post, Tara provides some fascinating new truths, along with some do’s and don’ts for modern marketers.
- Tweet This: Social Media Important To Company Performance But Difficult To Prove Did you know that companies only spend 2.3% of marketing budgets on measuring marketing ROI? Perhaps that’s why it’s so difficult to pinpoint social media’s contribution to the 25% increase in sales through the internet last year. In this post, Forbes contributor Christine Moorman shows us how “there is a signal in all this buzz.”
- 20 Amazing Examples of Brand Content Marketing Hubs Michael Brenner showcases brands doing amazing things with content on his B2B Marketing Insider blog this week. Check out the sites Michael recommends for content marketing ideas and inspiration.
- 10 Dr. Seuss Quotes to Frame Your Online Marketing Strategy We end this week on a lighter note. This SlideShare presentation from Wishpond will invoke childhood story time memories for those of you who grew up with the wondrous stories of Dr. Seuss. Take the journey all over again, only this time learn a thing or two about marketing along the way.
Stay connected with your industry. Get fresh insights, tips and tactics for highly effective marketing. Subscribe to the LinkedIn Marketing Solutions blog today.