What’s Trending in Marketing: Top Content of the Week
July 31, 2015
When the temperature soars and even the laziest of summer activities is too much to contemplate, the local multiplex is an oasis of popcorn-scented escapism. You can relax in air-conditioned comfort, turn off your brain, and watch a trusty band of heroes save the world from giant robots/aliens/natural disasters. There’s a reason these movies rule the box office: summer blockbusters are exactly what a heat-fried consumer needs.
Sometimes creating a blockbuster content marketing campaign seems as complicated as making a $300-million movie. It takes strategy, research, and creative effort to make great content and help it reach your audience. With the tips in this week’s roundup of trending marketing articles, you will be better equipped to deliver content that gets rave reviews.
Top Marketing Articles to Read This Week:
- From Editorial Calendars to SEO: Setting Yourself Up to Create Fabulous Content Creativity meets strategy in this post from Moz's Isla McKetta. This article is packed with tips and strategies for setting yourself up for success before you start creating your killer content.
- 5 Ways to Generate Business through LinkedIn An increasing number of marketers are realizing LinkedIn’s potential as a tool to create new business. Marketingprofs CCO Ann Handley explores the possibilities in this article for Entrepreneur.
- How I Increased My Email Conversions by 344% Devesh Design Founder Devesh Khanal demonstrates how content upgrades can turn casual blog readers into email subscribers in this post on JeffBullas.com. Devesh provides step-by-step instructions to help you adopt the strategies that have netted him dramatic results.
- Email Marketing Gets a Major Boost from LinkedIn Data Learn how the Cetera Financial Group used LinkedIn to enhance their email marketing campaign in this report from Haymarket Media Senior Editor Natasha Smith.
- How to Cultivate Loyal Customers with Social Media Social Media Examiner has a reputation for thoughtful, practical guides, and this post from Online Marketing Specialist Ravi Shukle is no exception. Ravi demonstrates eight ways marketers can build customer relationships on social media, complete with inspiring real-world case studies.
- 5 Obvious Content Marketing Strategies Most Companies Overlook In this post for the Content Marketing Institute, KISSmetrics Co-Founder Neil Patel addresses content marketing strategy with his trademark in-depth analysis. Neil covers everything from adding visual appeal to your posts to identifying content venues other than the corporate blog.
- Creating a Winning Social Media Marketing Strategy A solid plan for creation and implementation is critical to a social media marketing campaign’s success. This infographic from SproutSocial will help you ask and answer the critical questions that lead to an effective social strategy.
- LinkedIn Marketing: The All-in-One Guide to Scheduling and Writing the Best Updates Buffer is a social media juggernaut, with a proven content strategy based on mountains of research. Content Crafter Kevan Lee shares the insights Buffer has gleaned about LinkedIn; including what, when, and how often to post.
- 5 Ways to Make Your Social Media Marketing Measurable In this post on the Actionable Marketing Guide, Chief Content Officer Heidi Cohen addresses the challenge of proving the ROI of social media marketing. Heidi covers five practical ways to gather the data you need to put together a compelling budget request.
- Social Real-Time Marketing: Why It’s Become the Last Recourse in the Age of Pay-to-Play Social Media Learn why real-time marketing is important, strategies to do it successfully, and pitfalls to avoid in this SlideShare (with accompanying recorded webinar) from KISSmetrics Marketing Operations Manager Thue Madsen and SproutSocial Director of Social Business Strategy Andy White.
Keep up-to-date with the trends, tips, and advice that can boost your marketing box office returns when you subscribe to the LinkedIn Marketing Solutions blog.