What’s Trending in Marketing: Top Content of the Week
August 14, 2015
Conference season will soon be upon us, which might explain that electric feeling of excitement in your marketing department. Between Content Marketing World, Inbound, Advertising Week, and MarketingProf’s B2B Marketing Forum, this fall is chock-full of opportunities to learn, grow, and network.
If you don’t have room in your travel schedule to take full advantage of conference season, never fear. The LinkedIn Marketing Solutions team is already booking flights and reserving hotel rooms, ready to soak up insights and share them with you. Let this week’s top trending marketing articles whet your appetite for the banquet to come.
Top Marketing Articles to Read This Week:
- Why Is Chevrolet’s Content Marketing So Compelling? Checking out other brands’ content marketing successes is an easy way to find inspiration for your own work. Econsultancy Writer Jack Simpson dissects Chevrolet’s cross-platform content marketing strategy for tips you can use.
- The Death of Snackable Content Let’s face it: A lot of the content on the web is empty calories. Issuu CEO Jack Hyrkin proves that readers crave real nourishment and offers strategies for creating substantial content in this article for re/code.
- Go Big or Go Home with These 10 Epic Content Ideas Discover more ways to break the snackable content habit with these tips from Louder Online General Manager Aaron Agius. The projects Aaron outlines require some time and resource investment, but are substantive enough to rise above the digital clutter.
- Attention Is a Currency: It’s Time to Re-Think Storytelling and Content Marketing In this article on the LinkedIn Publishing Platform, digital marketing pioneer and best-selling author Brian Solis advocates for “understanding, purpose, intent, and genuineness,” to create content marketing that really matters.
- What We Learned from Marketing to 2 Million Teenagers Generation Z—people currently in their early teens—can be notoriously difficult to engage. Frankly Inc Marketing Director Ashley Ryon convinced two million teenage girls to download her company’s messaging app, and her debrief for TheNextWeb details exactly how she managed it.
- Creating Social Influencer Content that Counts Social influencer marketing is a fairly new field, with a complex mix of risks and rewards to navigate. Enlighten Communication Director Tessa Wegert analyzes successful social influencer campaigns to see what works in this article for Clickz.
- 6 Ways to Improve Engagement with Social Media Content Find out how to motivate your audience to interact with your brand on social with this Social Media Examiner article. Evolve Your Wedding Business Founder Heidi Thompson brings a wealth of colorful real-world examples to support her practical advice.
- 6 Tips for Publishing on LinkedIn The LinkedIn Publishing Platform is a powerful way to find an audience, build your brand, and establish thought leadership. Storyhackers Founder & CEO Ritika Puri provides advice for using the platform most effectively in this post on the Kapost blog.
- 4 Digital Marketing Investments All Companies Should Be Making Now Marketing budgets are tighter than ever, so it’s important to make wise investments with your digital marketing spend. TopRank Online Marketing’s Director of Agency Marketing Ashley Zeckman identifies the areas where a little extra investment can have a big impact.
- How to Calculate Content Marketing ROI This massive SlideShare from NewsCred is well worth the time investment. It’s a comprehensive guide to the tricky topic of content marketing ROI, full of practical advice for marketers who need to justify their budgets.
To continue cultivating your marketing skills with the latest tips, tactics, and trends, subscribe to the LinkedIn Marketing Solutions blog.