What’s Trending in Marketing: Top Content of the Week
September 12, 2014
Content Marketing World ’14 is a wrap. Once again, it lived up to its billing as the “one event where you can learn and network with the best and brightest in the content marketing industry.” Thanks to all our international content marketing peers for the fantastic presentations and conversations.
As expected, and for good reason, storytelling was a dominant theme at CM World. One thing that caught my attention this year was the epic story developing all around us. The rise of Cleveland is a story visitors can actually feel. And although I’m not sure exactly where or how this story started, it’s clear the community is buying into it and is proud to amplify it. What’s going on in Cleveland right now is a real-life testament to how aspiration and positivity can create meaningful change among a community.
Read on to discover the top content that was proudly shared by the marketing community this week.
Top Articles Marketers Loved & Shared This Week
- Search Metrics Released SEO Ranking Factors For 2014: Content Now Really King? In releasing his company’s new report, Marcus Tober of Search Metrics said content is “no longer an addition to, but is the main focus of, SEO.” In this post, Search Engine Land’s Barry Schwartz expertly curates the essential takeaways from the report.
- Finding the Content Marketing Unicorn: The Marketing Talent Gap During his Content Marketing World presentation, 7 Steps to Becoming a Performance Driven Marketer, Paul Roetzer discussed the challenge companies face in finding and hiring content marketers. In this post from the LinkedIn publishing platform, Lead Generation for Dummies author Dayna Rothman relays Paul’s insights while adding her own thoughts to the marketing talent gap discussion.
- Every Content Marketer Needs an Editor Vision Critical VP of Social Media Alexandra Samuel says “disappointing readers with content that fails to rise above mediocrity is no way to build brand awareness or drive sales.” Discover how content teams can benefit from increased editorial insight in this post from the Harvard Business Review blog.
- The 3 Myths Most Entrepreneurs Tell Themselves About Marketing HubSpot co-founder Dharmesh Shah knows a thing or two about marketing. In this Entrepreneur post, Shah sets the record straight for entrepreneurs who have accepted these three common marketing myths as truths.
- 8 Content Marketing Strategies to Borrow From Bigger Brands Does your brand tell stories via video? Are you using cloud-based content management tools? Discover six other big brand content strategies Scott Gerber recommends in his Search Engine Journal post.
- 5 Tips for Running Successful Social Media Campaigns ShortStack CEO Jim Belosic’s post published on Social Media Examiner is filled with brand examples that drive his points home, helping marketers avoid the common pitfalls of social media campaigns.
- 6 Keys to Shifting an Enterprise to a Content Marketing Mindset How could we not feature a post from the Content Marketing Institute blog during Content Marketing World week? If your goal is to inspire a content marketing mindset in your organization, you’ll love this meaty post from CMI’s Michele Linn.
- 3 Ways To Get Customers With Social Media Steven Tulman, VP of Strategy and Business Development at ICM has invested time defining “The Social Sales Funnel: 3 simple steps designed to engage your target audience, instill trust in your followers and improve your customer generation.” Steven was kind enough to share his funnel via the LinkedIn publishing platform.
- The 8 Secret Places to Find the Best Stock Images Who doesn’t like receiving quality for free? Visually Brand and Marketing Designer Michelle Blackshire helps marketers find great stock photos at the optimal price in this Entrepreneur post.
- 20 Amazing Examples of Content Marketing Hubs Did you know there’s a SlideShare app available now? You should probably get it. Then you can check out awesome SlideShare presentations like this one from Michael Brenner from anywhere you want via your smartphone or tablet.