What’s Trending in Marketing: Top Content of the Week
September 26, 2014
To some degree, all marketers can be classified as tech marketers (except maybe the sandwich board guy). To succeed, we must learn how to harness the best of technology without getting distracted, while also being cognizant of how audiences use technology to interact with our messages.
Here on the LinkedIn Marketing Solutions team, we’ve been full steam ahead with the tech marketing vertical this last month -- sharing our latest tech marketing insights and hosting tech marketers most recently at LinkedIn TechConnect 2014. After all the research, presentations, posts, and discussions regarding marketing and technology, one thing is abundantly clear: the marketers who establish credibility, earn trust, and build relationships with the real people on the other side of technology are the marketers who win.
Read on to discover the trending content real people in the marketing community were reading and sharing this week, and discover ways to better connect with your audiences.
Top Marketing Articles to Read This Week
1. 50 Influential CMOs On Social Media This post combines two things marketers love: lists and rankings. Plus, it’s about marketers, so of course it’s trending. In this Forbes article, social data company Infegy provides rankings of the most influential CMOs through their own analytics. Do you agree with the rankings? Who would you add?
2. The Difference Between Content Marketing and Inbound Marketing (and Why It Matters) Has anyone ever asked you to explain the difference between inbound marketing and content marketing? How would you answer this question? See how your peers answered in this delightful read by HubSpot’s Joe Chernov.
3. 5 Ways to Make Your Content Marketing More Memorable Content Marketing Institute Blog contributor Scott Aughtmon says the reason many businesses aren’t successful is not because customers are rejecting them, but rather because customers aren’t remembering them. Learn why and read Scott’s tips for making your content more memorable.
4. When You Stop Checking Facebook Constantly, These 10 Things Will Happen Number eight is “you’ll feel better about yourself.” Isn’t that reason enough to read this LinkedIn publishing platform post by Michael Blanchette?
5. The 15 Best Browser Extensions to Improve Your Social Media Marketing Even social media tool pros will find something new in this Kevan Lee post from the Buffer blog.
6. What the Music Industry Could Learn From Digital Marketing Marketing and music fans alike (guessing a strong majority of marketing fans are also in the music fan camp) will proclaim this Mashable article by Bitly’s Jennifer Hanser an interesting read. Bonus: Jennifer provides several music industry facts you probably didn’t know.
7. A Visual Guide to Social Media Etiquette for Business Have you been making social media faux pas because all the advice you’ve received is written and you’re a visual learner? Whether you are a visual learner or not, you’ll enjoy Rebekah Radice’s excellent breakdown of best practices by channel.
8. Successful Content Marketers Do These 5 Things Differently Entrepreneur contributor Pratik Dholakiya’s compelling title is more than just click bait. Among Pratik’s differences are a willingness to accept accountability and an unwillingness to follow a rule book. Read on to discover the other three.
9. How to Use Data to Create Content That Deepens Customer Relationships Adobe’s Loni Stark gets geeky with data and customer engagement on the CMI blog in this meaty, insightful post that contains several brand examples to illustrate her points.
10. The Psychology of Persuasive Marketing Videos and How to Get People to Watch Them What’s left to say that isn’t covered by the title? Nathalie Nahai and Phil Nottingham cover a lot of ground in this SlideShare presentation, so I’ll let them get to it. Right after you click, of course.
Stay connected with your industry. Get fresh insights, tips and tactics for highly effective marketing. Subscribe to the LinkedIn Marketing Solutions blog today.