What's Trending: Top 10 Marketing Articles on LinkedIn
January 9, 2014
It’s certainly that time of year to reflect on the successes of 2013 and make predictions about what the 2014 year will bring. Our own platform validates this point, revealing the popularity of such articles in the LinkedIn feed.
When looking at data showing the most recently shared articles for marketers, the results indicate we are absolutely a bunch who loves their curated lists.
If you use LinkedIn regularly and have integrated consumption of content on the platform into your daily routine, you may have recently seen many of these articles show up as featured content within the LinkedIn Pulse section of your profile. But in case you missed them, we have featured the Top 10 articles for you here (a list in ode to lists!).
Check out the Top Trending Content on LinkedIn for Marketers for this week:
- 11 Web Marketing and Social Media Trends That Will Shape 2014 Social Media Today heralds 2014 as a killer year for social media and small business. With predictions on the growth of mobile, niche and image-centric sites as well as video consumption, businesses would be well-advised to embrace these online marketing trends into their strategies this year.
- 20 Amazing Marketing Statistics That Will Drive 2014 (Infographic) When it comes to what success looks like in 2014, 78% of CMOs think that custom content is the future of marketing and something they need to be delivering in their plans. This infographic breaks down the latest trends in the marketing mix and what you should consider integrating into your plan this year.
- 11 Social Media Marketing Predictions to Watch for 2014 Eleven social media pros share their predictions. From Jay Baer’s anticipations around Advertorial 2.0 becoming a key part of the social media marketing mix, to Neal Schaffer advocating for employee advocacy, this curated list is one you don’t want to miss.
- Why Marketers Should Keep Sending You Emails Email marketing works! That’s because 91 percent of all US consumers still use e-mail daily, and the rate at which email prompts purchases is only expected to rise. McKinsey & Company shares practical advice on how marketers can get smarter with email to make every message count.
- The Ultimate Guide to Native Advertising Joe Pulizzi, Founder of Content Marketing Institute, provides an eloquent breakdown on the state of native advertising, with examples, and shares his point-of-view on the trending topic in his latest LinkedIn Influencer post.
- An Integrated Marketing Blueprint to Grow Sales & ROI in 2014 As marketers realize the lines across channels are blurred when it comes to user experience, expect more multi-channel, integrated strategies to take shape in 2014. This trends analysis from Search Engine Watch breaks down the key ingredients that will need to come together to drive success.
- 7 Marketing Resolutions to Start the New Year Right HubSpot, a leader when it comes to content marketing, shares seven resolutions marketers should make this year – including a focus on mobile and zoning in on your buyer personas. Download their free template to set your own SMART marketing goals.
- Top 3 Tips for Social Media Success in 2014 Are your social media marketing efforts delivering a financial ROI? Here are three tips to help you drive success with your efforts, along with links to examples of others doing it well.
- These Clever Ads Prove the “B” in B-to-B Doesn’t Stand for Boring Who doesn’t love gushing on great work? My hat goes off to these B-to-B brands and their agency partners for embracing creativity and delighting us with entertaining content. The Adobe video is pure genius!
- Don’t Buy Your Programmatic Audience, Build It Attention direct response marketers: It’s time to get some marketing Drano and clean out your funnel. This post on Jay Baer’s Convince & Convert blog provides tips to clean up your programmatic marketing and build audiences that take the journey with you, versus forcing them down a funnel that just doesn’t exist anymore.
Each week, we will be highlighting top trending content for marketers, so be sure to subscribe to our blog to keep up-to-date with the latest marketing news.