Trending Content of the Week: Customer Centricity Never Goes Out Of Style
December 11, 2015
As the year draws to a close, marketing experts across the Internet are compiling lists of predictions for 2016. There will be previous trends to ignore, present trends to tackle, and future trends to watch – Everyone is looking for the next big thing.
Keeping an eye on the future is crucial. But sometimes it’s easy to get so caught up gazing into the crystal ball that we lose touch with the timeless fundamentals.
Listening to your customers will never go out of style. Neither will remarkable content. No matter what the future holds, this week’s top marketing articles will help you develop the skills that work right now.
Top Marketing Articles to Read This Week:
1. The Kurt Vonnegut Guide to Copywriting: 8 Rules that Apply to Anyone Workplace Systems’ Eddie Shleyner adapts Kurt Vonnegut’s How to Use the Power of the Printed Word for the digital age in this post for HubSpot. Eddie provides a content marketing takeaway for each of Vonnegut’s fundamental principles of good writing.
2. How to Survive and Thrive as a Corporate Content Marketer As businesses’ demand for content continues to grow, many freelancers are becoming full-time employees. Logical Expressions, Inc.’s Susan Daffron shows how to balance creativity with corporate concerns in this article for Copyblogger.
3. 6 Essential SEO Strategies to Incorporate in 2016 Learn how to improve your organic search results with these tips from Ignite Visibility CEO John Lincoln, in this post for Entrepreneur. John’s advice is technical, but accessible to the average marketer. You don’t need to be an SEO expert to benefit from the read.
4. Agile Principles + Content Marketing = Long-Term Success SurveyGizmo’s Andrea Fryrear shows how to get your content team out of “triage mode” for more creative, higher quality output in this Content Marketing Institute article.
5. Content Calendar for Social Media Marketing Learn how to schedule a month’s worth of social media posts while still allowing space for spontaneous interactions, in this video from Social Media Strategist & Consultant Sunny Lenarduzzi. As a bonus, Sunny links to an Excel template of the calendar she uses for scheduling.
6. 5 Keys to Developing a Strong Tone of Voice in Your Content Marketing MarketingProfs CCO and bestselling author Ann Handley continues her war against bland content with this entertaining and informative read.
7. Is the Next Marketing Technology Wave All about Better Creative? Dive into this article from Marketing Land to discover the difference between ad tech and content tech, and how to combine them for a better customer experience. Rapt Media CEO Erika Trautman explains the complex issue with clarity.
8. The 3 Jobs of Content Marketing, and Why 1 Person Can’t Do Them All Creating a successful content marketing initiative requires a diverse skill set. In this post for Contently, Brick Wall Media’s Melissa Lafsky argues in favor of a team-based model to oversee content strategy, execution, and integration.
9. What Celebrities Can Teach Companies about Social Media What can social media marketers learn from Rihanna, Beyonce, and Taylor Swift? Wall Street Journal Columnist Deepa Seetharaman presents practical lessons in storytelling and branding in this Market Watch article.
10. 5 Pillars of the Infinite Marketer In this SlideShare presentation, Salesforce’s Mathew Sweezey identifies the characteristics that can help marketers stay relevant in the changing technological landscape.