Bear Market Lessons from
Dr. Mohamed El-Erian
On the seven-year anniversary of the bear market lows, Emmy-nominated CBS News Business Analyst Jill Schlesinger speaks with Dr. Mohamed El-Erian, Chair of President Obama's Global Development Council and Chief Economic Advisor at Allianz.
Dr. El-Erian helped coin the phrase “The New Normal” following the global financial crisis, with the view that it takes many years for an economy to fully recover from a period of excessive leverage, extreme debt and irresponsible risk taking and credit extension.
In this conversation, Schlesinger will explore themes of El-Erian's recent book, The Only Game in Town: Central Banks, Instability, and Avoiding the Next Collapse, including:
- Progress made since the financial crisis
- The changing role of central banks
- Key challenges that lie ahead
- Decisions to avoid future crises
- How financial brands should prepare customers for future economic change