Before you can engage with buyers on LinkedIn you need to make sure your profile is looking good. In the post Link In to social prospecting, Toan Dang of Ecquire, says you need to set yourself apart by using targeted keywords, an awesome avatar, sweet headlines and catchy content.
You’ve been looking for ways to add value through your LinkedIn profile. Look no further.
Here are 10 Tips to help you maximize your LinkedIn profile
- Upload a professional photo. Think about a business card. Profiles with photos receive a 40% InMail response rate. Choose wisely.
- Write a descriptive headline. It’s the first thing people look at when they view your profile, so be descriptive. (i.e. “helping sales teams grow their business through social selling”)
- Include your summary and experience. Tell your story!
- Personalize your LinkedIn web address. Create a url that closely matches your name (e.g. www.linkedin.com/in/kokasexton)
- Get recommendations. Have people focus on your specific skill sets and make meaningful comments when recommending others. Think quality, not quantity.
- Share updates… and share often! People that share 2-5 times a day see an increase in profile views and engagement.
- Share Files & Presentations. Become a resource for great material. Embed rich media into your profile.
- Customize your website links. Add relevant links. Utilize strong calls to action.
- Add rich media files like blog posts, Slideshare and video. Create a conversation. Alert your networks.
- Join LinkedIn Groups. USe them to meet & engage with peers and influencers. Demonstrate your expertise. It’s that simple.
So what are you waiting for? Jump in!