Sales Navigator for Salesforce Lightning Installation Guide
- You will need to be a Salesforce Full System Admin (with access to View and Modify All Data) on one of the following editions to install the application:
- Salesforce: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, or Developer edition
- Salesforce: Professional Edition requires API Access (may require an additional fee. Please contact your Salesforce account team.)
- License for LinkedIn Sales Navigator Team or Sales Navigator Enterprise edition is required
- Enable My Domain in SFDC is required (Security Requirement)
Required Before You Begin
- Time Required: Less than 1 hour
We recommend having a Sales Navigator Administrator + Team Member seat, along with Salesforce Admin access, to complete the installation
- Note: Installation is possible with only a Salesforce Administrator but testing the functionality will require a Sales Nav Team Member seat or Administrator + Team Member seat to see actual LinkedIn widget data/info
By installing this application, you are not enabling CRM Sync. Enablement of CRM Sync and Activity Write-back requires additional configuration, please see complete details here
- Person Account types are supported
- Note: CRM Sync features will not work with Person Accounts
Installation of Sales Nav for Salesforce may cause Global Actions/Tasks to disappear or activities to be tracked with the wrong record type unless Record Types are set. Click here to see complete details.
Sales Navigator for Salesforce Highlights:
View timely insights on buyers and companies within Salesforce Leads, Contacts, Accounts, and Opportunities through LinkedIn Embedded Profiles
Send InMails, messages, and customized connection requests from within Salesforce
Create a customized interface and more immersive experience to fit your team’s needs
- Ensure that Sales Navigator users stay on top of their Sales Navigator Accounts and Leads (CRM Sync required – requires additional enablement steps)
- Ensure relevant actions in Sales Navigator such as InMails and notes are written back to Salesforce Activities (CRM Sync required – requires additional enablement steps)
- If you run into any issues during this installation process, you can reach LinkedIn Sales Solutions support at https://www.linkedin.com/help/sales-navigator
Phase 1 - Installation
Enable My Domain
1. From within Setup, type My Domain in the Quick Find panel and select My Domain.
2. Choose your My Domain name, then Check Availability.
3. If your domain is available, click Register Domain. Wait for domain to be published (takes less than 2 min.)
4. Click Log in to test your domain. Email from email@example.com will be sent to your email. Click on the link in the email to log in and test your domain.
5. In the Navigate to this page pop-up window that appears, click Open.
6. When you’ve completed testing, return to the My Domain settings and click Deploy to Users button.
7. In the pop-up box that appears, click OK. (*Domain setting can be edited later if desired.)
8. Your Domain is set up.
Install Sales Nav Salesforce App
1. Download the latest version of Sales Navigator for Salesforce by navigating to Setup homepage and typing LinkedIn Sales Navigator into the quick search.
2. Select LinkedIn Sales Navigator listed and then click Install. Next click, Get It Now.
3. Select desired users to install for:
- If you wish to limit access to certain profiles and users for whom you have already provisioned Sales Navigator Team licenses; Select Install for Specific Profiles.
- If you do not wish to limit any users, we recommend choosing Install for All Users. Click on Install button.
4. You will see one of two screens:
- Installation Complete screen (see below)
- Processing screen. In this case, Salesforce will send you an email when the installation is complete.
Give Users Access to the LinkedIn Activities Report Folder
1. Go into your main page (above image showing this in Service).
2. Navigate to your Reports tab.
3. In the Reports Folder on the left-hand side of your screen, click on All Folders.
4. Look for LinkedIn Reports folder.
5. Next to LinkedIn Reports, click on dropdown arrow on the right and choose Share.
6. Choose Users, Roles, Roles and Subordinates, or Public Groups to share this folder with, based on your organization's security model.
4. Search for the Users or Roles you’d like to share with and click the Share button below their name.
8. Under the Access column, click the downward arrow and choose the proper access. (We recommend Viewer, but if you would like you users to be able to make modifications to this report, choose Editor.)
9. Click the Share button.
10. Repeat for all Users or Roles that should have access.
11. You can edit type of access in the dropdown menu next to their name.
Setup Custom Record Types for Global Actions/Task
- Installation of our Sales Navigator App will create new Custom Record Types for Tasks and this can cause some Global Actions/Tasks (New Task and Log a Call normally affected) to be hidden or for activities to be written with the incorrect Task record type.
- To resolve this, you will need to create a general Custom Record Type and assign it for the Global Actions/Task that are hidden – below are the exact steps:
1. To start, search for Object Manager within settings quick search, select it and then scroll down to find and click Task.
3. Create a new Record Type labeled Standard Task or desired custom name. Next, click the Active box below Description. Finally, select the check box next to Enable for Profile to enable all profiles as well as Make Default. Click Next (will select all for you), in the bottom right corner of the page.
4. Validate that Task Layout is populated in each drop-down menu and Apply one layout to all profiles is selected. Click Save at the bottom right corner of the page.
5. Next, from the Setup home page, type Global Actions into the Quick Find box and select this option.
6. Click Edit for Log a Call or New Task, then click on the Record Type drop down menu.
7. Select the custom Standard Task you previously created and then Save.
8. Repeat steps 6-7, one at a time, for each of the missing Global Actions/Task until complete.
Remove the Ability for LinkedIn Tasks to be Created by Internal Salesforce Users
1. From the Quick Find menu, type Profiles, and select Profiles under Users.
2. Click Edit next to your first Profile that is not System Admin. (Do NOT edit System Admin.)
3. Scroll down to Record Type Settings.
4. Find the Tasks section and click on the Edit link.
5. Remove everything other than the generic task you created.
6. Click Save.
7. Note: System admin keeps ALL tasks. Repeat for all Profiles other than System Admin.
Do NOT repeat for System Admin Profile.
Phase 2- Configuration
Configure Sales Nav Salesforce App
The Sales Nav Salesforce App connects your CRM to the power of LinkedIn in a dynamic yet seamless way. Here are some of the highlight features and functionality:
Profile widget allows you to automatically see critical contact/lead and account information
With InMail widget, you can improve your response rate by 5x versus email without Salesforce
Highlights widget allows you to break the ice by informing you of shared connections
Recent Activities widget helps you stay up to date on current events impacting your accounts
Get Introduced widget helps you uncover the best way to engage leads or contacts via your connections or via TeamLink
Recommended Leads widget helps you target the right person for your accounts or the entire buying committee
To get started with setup, you may customize an existing layout with our widgets or start from one of our out-of-box templates. See details below.
Customize Page Layouts
1. From a Contacts Record Page, click Setup then Edit Page.
2. In the left rail, under Lightning Components, search “Sales Navigator” to locate the available display components.
3. Click on the Sales Navigator: Member Profile (LID) box (used for Leads and Contacts), drag to desired section and then release.
4. Please adjust widget settings to show one or more Sales Nav elements and when all changes are made, click Save. As an admin, you will also Activate the new layout for all applicable users.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 above, in order to add the Sales Navigator: Member Profile (LID) to additional parts of the page or other page layouts.
6. When all changes are made, click Save, before again activating for intended users.
7. Repeat steps 1-6 above, for Leads, Accounts (will use Sales Navigator: Company Profile (LID)), and Opportunities Page Layouts as desired.
Enable InMail Quick Actions
1. From Setup, enter “Object Manager” in the quick search box, then select it.
2. From the Object Manager list, select Contact then Page Layouts.
3. From the Contact Layout, select Mobile & Lightning Actions.
4. Next, click LinkedIn InMail and drag into the Salesforce Mobile and Lightning Experience Actions section, then drop. You should see a green checkmark notifying this change has been accepted.
5. Click Save at the top of the page.
6. Return to Object Manager and repeat the same steps above for Lead Page Layouts.
7. LinkedIn InMail will now show up as an option in your Contact.
You have finished installing and deploying the Sales Navigator for Salesforce application. Please ensure your team has been granted their LinkedIn Sales Navigator Team or Enterprise seats to view the application within Salesforce.
Phase 3 - Testing and Additional Resources
Sales Nav Salesforce App Testing
1. Navigate to your Contacts home page and click into any desired contact record, assuming you have added our Sales Nav widgets to these pages.
2. From here you will be able validate all the changes are reflected properly.
3. Repeat this step for Leads, Accounts, and Opportunities, assuming you have added our Sales Nav widgets to those pages as well.
a. If for some reason you do not see the changes you’ve made, switch to a different browser and open the same contact record again to validate changes.
b. If changes are properly displayed on alternate browser, please click here, to learn how to clear cookies and cache from your original browser to see changes.
c. If that still does not work, please navigate back to setup and validate that each layout was saved and activated.
d. Need Further Assistance? Contact LinkedIn Sales Solutions support https://www.linkedin.com/help/sales-navigator
For your first time viewing the application, you will be asked to log into your LinkedIn profile. Your LinkedIn login will not be required after your initial login. Your experience will match the initial images at the beginning.
Recommended Next Steps
We highly recommend you proceed to enabling the CRM Sync from within the Sales Navigator Admin settings. You may find further information here.
- CRM Sync expands the integration and supports direct linking between the platforms, auto-saving of key Leads/Accounts, writing-back of Sales Navigator Actions into your CRM, and ensures you are ready for future features that will require sync to function.