LinkedIn Sales Insights for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales
Welcome to the LinkedIn Sales Insights for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales integration.
This guide elaborates on the process to install and configure LinkedIn Sales Insights within the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales software, so you and your organization can make the best use of this integration to better manage your business.
This guide is intended for Dynamics 365 Sales Full Admins who can configure the CRM for other users in the company.
1.1 About the LinkedIn Sales Insights for Dynamics 365 Sales Integration
With the LinkedIn Sales Insights for Dynamics 365 Sales integration, your sales organization can access accurate, real-time data from LinkedIn within your CRM. With this integration, using LinkedIn Sales Insights, you can write back firmographic, function, and custom LinkedIn attributes to account records in your CRM using either the Daily or On-Demand options. Using data from LinkedIn Sales Insights, your sales operations team can build better books of business and more effectively guide your sales team to the biggest areas of opportunity.
Note: You can also configure Dynamics 365 data to be used in LinkedIn Sales Navigator. For more information, visit this help center article.
1.2 Keep In Mind
After installing this integration, here are some of guidelines you can keep in mind:
- Matching: Account data imported to LinkedIn Sales Insights must go through the account matching workflow to ensure that the correct company and Persona attributes are pushed back to the correct account record. You can import account data into Sales Insights via CSV file or by using the CRM integration option. Use the account match scores to review and correct matches before analyzing and exporting accounts from Sales Insights. For more information on account matching, visit this help center article.
- Credit Expenditure: Account data written back from Sales Insights to the CRM could consume credits if you haven’t purchased the unique account records yet. For information on credit usage, visit this help center article.
2. Installing the LinkedIn Sales Insights for Dynamics 365 Sales Integration
This section provides you with information that you’ll need to install the LinkedIn Sales Insights for Dynamics 365 Sales integration.
Before you begin installing LinkedIn Sales Insights for Dynamics 365 Sales Integration, ensure that you’ve met the following prerequisites:
- Your Sales Navigator contract is synchronized with your Dynamics 365 instance.
If you aren’t sure if this synchronization has been done for your Dynamics 365 instance, please contact your Sales Navigator Admin. If this integration is not done, then your Sales Navigator Admin must complete the steps outlined in salesnav.in/crm.
- You have set aside a minimum of 60 minutes to complete the installation and verification process.
- You’re logged in as a Dynamics Administrator on any of the following editions:
Dynamics: Microsoft Dynamics 2016 online (including 0.1 and update 1 releases)
Dynamics 365 (online only), running on version 8.2 or higher
- You are a Full Admin on the LinkedIn Sales Insights contract that you want to connect to MS Dynamics 365 Sales.
2.2 Install the Application
Complete the following procedure to install LinkedIn Sales Insights for Dynamics 365 application into your Dynamics 365 organization:
1. Review the list of prerequisites before you begin the installation. For more information, please see Prerequisites.
2. Download the LinkedIn Sales Insights - D365 package from the following location:
3. Log in to the Dynamics organization. You must be logged in as a Dynamics Full Admin to complete the installation process.
4. Click the Settings icon on the top menu bar and choose Advanced Settings.
The Business Management App opens in a new tab.
5. Click the Settings drop-down menu, and click Solutions displayed under Customizations.
6. On the Solutions page, click Import.
7. In the Select Package to Import wizard, search for and select the downloaded package.
8. Click Next.
The installation process is initiated. After the installation process is complete, you will see the LinkedIn Sales Insights for Dynamics application listed in the All Solutions page.
2.3 Verify the Installation
Complete the following procedure to verify the installation of the LinkedIn Sales Insights package:
- Navigate to the Sales application or any other application you choose.
- Select Accounts under the Customers option in the top menu bar.
- Select an account to verify that the LinkedIn Sales Insights tab is available on the account record.
If the LinkedIn Sales Insights tab is not immediately visible on the account record page, wait for a few minutes. If the tab doesn’t appear, there could be a problem with the installation. Consider repeating the installation process.
2.4 Testing the LinkedIn Sales Insights with Dynamics 365 Integration
After installing and configuring LinkedIn Sales Insights for Dynamics 365, you can test the integration by manually exporting a single account record to the CRM. After you export an account record, on the Account Records page, verify the following:
- Sales Insights tab is visible, and that all firmographic fields are populated.
- All fields are populated for the Personas that are set up for export.
After installing and configuring LinkedIn Sales Insights for Dynamics 365 Sales, if you face any problems or errors in performing tasks, review the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section in this guide.
3. Viewing Enriched Accounts and Attributes in Dynamics 365
After you install the LinkedIn Sales Insights for Dynamics 365 application, using the Reports feature, you can view and analyze a list of account records and attributes enriched by LinkedIn Sales Insights.
- Log in to Dynamics 365.
- Select Advanced Find in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
3. In the Advanced Find screen, use the Look For field to choose one of the following options:
- LinkedIn Sales Insights Personas – This report includes a list of accounts with LinkedIn Sales Insights data appended to it so you can effectively analyze your accounts within Dynamics 365. You can also export this report to a CSV format and download it on to your system.
- LinkedIn Sales Insights Company Profiles – This report includes a list of company profiles that have been enriched by LinkedIn Sales Insights.
- Account – This report includes all companies that have Sales Insights profiles.
4. If you choose LinkedIn Sales Insights Personas, you can select one of the following available views for the Use Saved View field:
- LinkedIn Sales Insights Personas by Account
- LinkedIn Sales Insights Company Personas Count and Growth
5. If you choose LinkedIn Sales Insights Company Profiles, you can select from one of the following available views from the Use Saved View field:
- Active LinkedIn Sales Insights Company Profiles
- Inactive LinkedIn Sales Insights Company Profiles
6. If you choose Account, then select LinkedIn Company Profiles by Account option in the Use Saved View field.
4. Getting Help and Support
To understand LinkedIn Sales Insights and CRM integration better, review the following Help Center articles:
5. Frequently Asked Questions
This section provides you with answers to some of the frequently asked questions on the LinkedIn Sales Insights with Dynamics 365 Integration.
When I export accounts to the CRM, Credits Used is different from accounts successfully exported. Why?
Consider the following points to understand credit usage in LinkedIn Sales Insights.
- LinkedIn Sales Insights consumes one credit for every account that you export. Information on consumed credits appears in the CSV report that you can generate on the Exports page.
- Downloading CSV account reports does not consume additional credits.
- If the process of exporting accounts fails, you can attempt to export the accounts again without consuming additional credits.
- Companies purchased in previous reports will also not use additional credits. You can view a complete list of purchased accounts by using the Purchased Accounts option as your source on the Reports page.
How long does it take for exported records to appear in Dynamics 365?
After turning on Daily Export, new records with the related Personas are created in Dynamics 365 within 24 hours. You can view the date of the last successful export on the Exports page.
If you are manually exporting records, you can track the status of the export process on the Exports page.
If I make a change to a Persona configured to writeback to the CRM, how long does it take for the new Persona data to be available in the CRM?
If you make a change to the configured Persona on the CRM page, please wait 24 hours for the new Persona data to be refreshed in your CRM.
How can I write select LinkedIn Sales Insights fields to custom fields on the account object?
The Writeback to CRM functionality in LinkedIn Sales Insights was built to integrate with your CRM seamlessly and flexibly. You can create custom fields on an account record to which you can write firmographic data points from the LinkedIn Sales Insight custom component to the custom field.
Follow these instructions to create a custom formula to write LinkedIn data to your custom field.
IMPORTANT: You cannot write Persona data to new custom fields on any account record at this time.