How to use Alerts
- New alerts will appear in blue at the top of your homepage
- Each alert includes a suggested action step. Use these as opportunities to interact and engage with your prospects!
- To filter for a particular type of alert, click Filter and select the type of alert to view
- To delete or opt out of an alert, click the "..." next to the alert and click Delete or Turn off
- Try saving more leads and accounts to see even more alerts!
LinkedIn recommends checking your alerts 1-2 times per day.
How to use Coach
- The new Coach includes a progress meter that shows your level of Sales Navigator mastery, from Beginner to Expert
- To start leveling up, select one of the recommended action items and click Try now
- Not sure how to complete an action? Click Watch video to learn more
- To view all possible actions within Coach, click See all actions
To learn more about the new Coach, check out the Coach tip sheet.
What happened to the newsfeed?
At LinkedIn, our goal is to arm you with timely, relevant, and actionable insights so you spend less time sifting through information and more time focused on what matters: building relationships and closing deals.
Alerts on the homepage gives you all the functionality of Newsfeed in a compressed, easy-to-use dashboard. Don't worry about missing anything -- all of your favorite items from the old Newsfeed live on as alerts. We've also added some new types of alerts as well!
How can I see more alerts?
The alerts you receive are based on the leads and accounts you've saved so far. If you're seeing few or no alerts, try saving some more leads and accounts first, then checking back a little later.
How do I turn off a specific type of alert?
To opt out of receiving a certain type of alert, click on the "..." next to the alert and click "Turn off."
Where can I find my Social Selling Index (SSI)?
Social Selling Index has been replaced on the homepage with the new Sales Navigator Coach, but you can still access it any time. To view your SSI, simply hover over your profile photo in the header and click “Social Selling Index” from the drop down menu.
Where do I go if I need more help?
From Sales Navigator, click the blue "Help" button in the bottom right corner of your screen to visit the Community and/or Help Center.