Why I’m Excited About Talent Connect 2010
October 18, 2010
As you may have heard, LinkedIn is hosting its first-ever conference exclusively for our Corporate Solutions customers this November 1-3 in San Francisco.
Talent Connect 2010 will bring together hundreds of leaders in Talent Acquisition from companies such as PricewaterhouseCoopers, Accenture, Dell, Novartis and Pfizer for two days of networking, best practice sharing and training.
As Director of Global Talent Acquisition at LinkedIn, I’m making sure each member of my team attends. This is why I’m thrilled we’ll be there:
• Talent Connect isn’t your typical industry event. Our customers are at the forefront of the social recruiting revolution. This event will bring together forward-thinking leaders and organizations to share how they leverage social media and LinkedIn in particular.
• Best-in-class content from recruiting experts. The entire conference is for customers, by customers: they helped us choose which sessions to feature, and they’re the ones sharing their best practices and expertise.
• The opportunity to get better at using LinkedIn products. Even LinkedIn’s own recruiters need a refresher now and then—but Talent Connect will provide more than a refresher, it will provide expert-level training and unique tips and tricks to help our customers get the most out of LinkedIn.
• The opportunity to provide input on LinkedIn products. Talent Connect is an incredible opportunity for LinkedIn’s product team to get feedback from hundreds of customers. Our product leads will be there: presenting, meeting with customers, and above all, listening to what our users have to say.
• A lot of time to network with my peers. LinkedIn is, after all, a networking company, and there will be plenty of opportunities to do so.
If you’re curious to see the agenda and more information about the conference, you can go to http://talentconnect.linkedin.com. If you’re planning to attend, you can join the event on LinkedIn here. And if you can’t make it, you can follow the activity on Twitter with the hashtag #intalent.
All in all, Talent Connect promises to be an action-packed and exciting couple days. I hope to see all of our corporate customers there.
Ed. Note: This event is for our Corporate Recruiting Solutions customers. We are planning other forums for our agency customers. For more information, you can email email@example.com.