25 Reasons to Attend Talent Connect Las Vegas
June 26, 2013
Our annual customer conference, Talent Connect, lands in Las Vegas at the MGM Hotel from Oct 15 – 17. Last year, almost 2,000 talent acquisition professionals gathered to discuss best practices, latest trends, their challenges, and solutions. It’s a conference that is for our customers, by our customers.
This year, attendees will have the opportunity to deep dive into talent brand, discuss internal mobility and candidate experience, learn how the best practices of marketing can be applied to recruitment, and much more. Here are the 25 reasons to attend Talent Connect:
1) Chris Hoyt – Talent Engagement & Marketing Leader at PepsiCo: In his main stage session, “Secrets of an InDemand Employer,” Chris will share his team's strategies for building a winning talent brand.
2) Vildan Stidham – Divisional Vice President, Global Talent Acquisition at Abbott: Learn what works best in emerging markets and how to lead a change to mobile within a global enterprise.
3) Ed Nathanson – Director, Talent Acquisition at Rapid7: In his session, Ed will tell the story of building a team of talent scouts: skilled recruiters incentivized and motivated like sales professionals.
4) Angela Farrelly – Strategic Sourcing Leader at Air New Zealand: Hear how Angela has built award-winning integrated recruitment and employment branding strategies that drive results.
5) Anthony Kline – Recruiter at AppDirect: In “Tech Target Tango,” Anthony will describe his creative solutions for recruiting technical professionals in one of the toughest markets: the Bay Area.
6) Charlie Milne – Head of Recruitment Strategy & Sourcing at Westpac: One of LinkedIn’s Australian clients, Charlie will describe her team’s journey to results with data & analytics.
7) Emily Brewer – Senior Manager, Global Marketing at SapientNitro: A Recruiter-turned-Marketer, Emily will share the strategies that have excelled SapientNitro in the area of recruitment marketing.
8) Glen Cathey – VP, Sourcing and Recruiting Center of Expertise at Randstad Sourceright US: Glen will lead two sessions on beginning and advanced strategies for becoming a Boolean Black Belt Ninja.
9) Gordon Davidson – Talent Acquisition Director at Teradata: As part of a leading data company, Gordon will share his impact on Teradata’s results and employment branding efforts through a continued focus on data.
10) Jared Weinberg – Manager, Recruitment & Development at Bloomingdale’s: Jared will describe how he applied change management strategies to motivate his team and improve their LinkedIn Recruiter metrics.
11 & 12) Jemma Johns – Vice President, Global Talent + Nan Weitzman – Director, Global Talent Channels at Hewlett Packard: Jenna and Nan will share talent acquisition’s role in and impact on Hewlett Packard’s business journey, as outlined in CEO Meg Whitman’s five-year business plan.
13) Jill Riopelle – Recruiting Operations Manager at Airbnb: In “It's All about the Candidate,” hear how Airbnb re-aligned their candidate experience with their own philosophy of “treat everyone like a guest.”
14 & 15) Joe Vroman – Director of Executive Recruitment and Military Initiatives at Macy’s and Matt Luther – National Military Recruitment Director at Cintas: Interested in military recruitment, but not sure where or how to begin? Join Joe & Matt in this panel to learn the ins & outs of military recruitment.
16 & 17) Lisa O’Toole – Director, Recruiting Operations & Shannon Levesque – AVP, Strategic Recruiting at Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company: Lisa and Shannon will detail how they applied Six Sigma principles to overhaul their recruitment process.
18) Lou Adler – CEO at The Adler Group: The ever-popular Lou Adler is back. Come to this session to learn how to navigate and handle passive talent objections.
19 & 20) Luci Gomes-Bickunas – Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist & Matt LeBlanc – Senior Sourcer at ADP: In their session “Long-term Courting in the Recruiting World,” hear tactics that Luci & Matt have applied to nurture candidate relationships, some of which span two years before converting to a hire.
21) Melissa Thompson – Senior Director, Talent Acquisition at Citrix: When Melissa joined Citrix, she implemented a 360 strategy that transformed her talent acquisition team. Learn the details of her successes and lessons learned.
22) Miki Furnish – Talent Acquisition Manager at Carhartt. Learn the keys to Miki’s success with executive buy-in for an increased LinkedIn investment in “Getting Your Team Firing on All Cylinders with LinkedIn.”
23) Monica Roberts – Director, Talent Acquisition, Diagnostics and Pipeline/Executive Recruitment at Abbott: Monica spearheaded the creation of Abbott’s executive recruitment program, taking it from a U.S.-based to a global-based model in less than 6 months.
24) Rob Dromgoole – Executive Search Consultant at Pacific Northwest National Labs: Rob is often credited with doing the impossible when it comes to Executive search at his company. Learn his secrets to hunting “purple squirrels.”
25) Troy Grabel – Manager, Talent Acquisition at LeanLogistics: Learn how Troy and team effectively built a pipeline of people in a small market while decreasing the company's dependency on 3rd parties.
Our speakers will inspire you and provide you with a wealth of practical advice on how to move the needle on your biggest talent acquisition priorities. In this case, what happens in Vegas definitely will not stay in Vegas.