8 Ways Pipelining Talent Makes Your Life Magical [GIFs]
September 19, 2013
Pipelining talent is to recruiting what sliced bread is to humanity – one of the genius, time-saving inventions that will change your life forever.
At this point, you may be thinking that we are exaggerating a little bit....just a little. Not at all! Check out the 8 magical ways pipelining talent will make a difference in your job as a recruiter:
1) Saves you time
- Having warm, pre-qualified talent for your next requisition can mean the difference between months of searching and a few days of interviewing. You may even end up with some free time on your hands.
2) Saves you money
- Think about your average cost per hire. Starting from scratch for every new role costs A LOT over the long run. Pipelining works as an efficient, organized system that saves you time and scales your efforts over time.
3) Saves you from frustration
- Pipelining prevents you from the panic of last minute sourcing, sleepless nights, and wasted phone calls to people who aren’t really interested.
4) Reduces hiring mistakes
- Pipelining helps you avoid having to rush to fill a role, which can often lead to hiring snafus.
5) Keeps you in the forefront of candidates’ minds
- Maintaining relationships with candidates via Linkedin status updates and social media makes the sell easier when a role comes up. Plus, it gives you the benefit of creating a positive and engaging talent brand.
6) Keeps valuable candidates from getting lost in the shuffle
- A lot of recruiters are missing out on great candidates that they’ve already spoken to simply because they aren’t organized.
7) Gives you an edge over competitors
- Personalizing your messages and maintaining relationships with candidates will give you a competitive advantage over your competitors who aren’t putting forth the same efforts.
8) Better quality hires = better quality business
- In the long run, you’ll be glad you took the time to build and maintain a talent pipeline.
How does that sound?
Ok, now it’s time to build a pipeline - here’s how to get started:
Building a strong talent pipeline is very doable but you’ll need the right ingredients - from getting your team on the same page, to staying organized, to managing your pipeline well.
Ready to start? Download our Pipelining Talent Tip Sheet for 12 tips on building a world class talent pipeline.
Or, tune in next Wednesday or Thursday for our free webinar, “12 Tips to Building a Stunning Talent Pipeline” where Troy Grabel of Lean Logistics and Sankar Venkatraman of LinkedIn will share pro pipelining secrets.
US and Canada: Wednesday, September 25, 11am PT/ 2pm ET, Register: http://linkd.in/17KelnO
Asia-Pacific: Thursday, September 26, 9am SGT/ 11am AEST, Register: http://linkd.in/18zG8dE