24 People Apply to the World’s Toughest Job – See What Happens Next [VIDEO]
April 14, 2014
Rehtom Inc. recently posted a Direction of Operations job with the following rather shocking requirements:
- Must be able to work 135+ hours a week
- Ability to work overnight
- Willingness to forgo any breaks
- Work mostly standing up and/or bending down
- Understanding of finance, medicine, social media, mobile devices and video games
- Workload increases over Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year and other holidays
- No vacations
(…And you thought your job descriptions are not the most appealing.)
A surprising 24 candidates applied for the position and the company recorded their interviews in the video below. While it’s extremely entertaining to watch the candidates’ shock and disbelief, the ending is even more priceless.
Take a look:
Although it turns out that this is just an incredibly clever and now viral ad, it’s also a good reminder that a catchy job description can serve as a great employer branding tool.
Lululemon did something similar with its job ad for CEO a few months back, and got massive amounts of press coverage and a great boost for their brand (both consumer and employer brand).
This is an interesting strategy for you to mull over, but in the meantime it’s also a good reminder that Mother’s day is just around the corner and these incredibly hard-working women need a great dose of love and recognition. And maybe even a break.