56% of Professionals Rank Talent Brand as Top Factor When Picking a Job
April 1, 2014
If your talent acquisition team has to get one thing right this year, it must be your company’s talent brand.
As part of our Talent Trends 2014 report, we asked 18,000 fully-employed professionals across 26 countries what is the most important factor for them when picking a new employer. Not surprisingly, the solid majority, or 56% of respondents, ranked talent brand – the company’s reputation as a great place to work - as the deciding factor:
To make this finding even more compelling, we looked at the responses broken out by country. Professionals in every one of the surveyed countries ranked talent brand (blue dots below) as the top most important factor in picking a new job.
The countries where talent brand was most important are:
- Denmark 62%
- Brazil 61%
- US 60%
- Sweden 60%
The countries where talent brand, while still number one, had stiffer competition from other factors such as company prestige and reputation for great products and services:
- Japan 39%
- Turkey 35%
- China 33%
Finally, take a look at how talent brand importance is spread out geographically. The Americas, Northern Europe, Australia and India are the countries where professionals are most influenced by the image your company portrays.
click on the image to see a larger version
If this has motivated you to boost your company's talent brand, here are a few resources that will help you get started:
- Employer Brand Playbook -- this ebook offers a comprehensive overview of what is an employer/talent brand, how to boost it and measure your success. Pretty much everything you need to establish a successful talent brand.
- How to Get C-Suite Backing For Your Employer Brand in 7 Steps
- 8 Golden Rules for Promoting (and Protecting) Your Talent Brand
- Top 10 Ways To Promote Your Employer Brand on LinkedIn
- 3 Creative Employer Brand Ideas from L'Oréal
Do you agree talent brand should be a top priority for you? Let us know at @HireOnLinkedin.