11 Facts You Didn’t Know About Recruiters
May 20, 2015
How well do you know recruiters? Good? Great? Better than anyone?
Well, no matter how well you know recruiters, here are 11 facts about the hiring professionals that might surprise you -
1. They are happier with their jobs than the average person
Seventy-eight percent of recruiters are happy with their jobs, which is 6 percent higher than the global average of 72 percent.
2. Yet, the majority of them are looking for new jobs.
Sixty percent of recruiters consider themselves active job seekers, which is 2.4 times higher than the global average of 25 percent.
3. The majority are female, but not the overwhelming majority
Sixty percent of recruiters are women and 40 percent of HR and recruiting leaders are male.
4. And they have a lot of experience
The average recruiter has 10 years of experience and the average recruiting and HR leader has 19 years experience.
5. The best ones have strong relationships with their hiring managers
A study by Deloitte found how well a recruiter handles their relationships with their hiring managers is the most critical aspect of success, just ahead of building a strong talent pool.
6. A lot of them used to work in sales
The most common industry for recruiters to come from is sales, followed by operations and administration.
7. Most have a bachelor’s degree, but few have a master’s degree
Seventy-seven percent of recruiters have a bachelor’s degree, but only 18 percent have a master’s degree.
8. And studied psychology in undergrad
The most common undergraduate major among recruiters is psychology, with business, marketing and human resources coming in at second, third and fourth, respectively.
9. Many of them just mastered training and customer service
The number-one skill added to recruiter’s LinkedIn profiles in 2014 was training, which was just ahead of customer service.
10. They are super popular on LinkedIn
The average recruiter has more than 500 connections on LinkedIn.
11. With the top ones knowing how to use it
Top recruiters are 60 percent more engaged with LinkedIn’s recruiting tools than average recruiters.
Are you a recruiter who wants to transform your own career? Download our free ebook today: