4 Experts Share How to Expand Your Talent Pool Through Inclusive Recruiting
October 7, 2020
While expanding your talent pool is a critical step in creating a diverse organization, a truly inclusive approach to recruiting goes way beyond simply checking off boxes on a candidate list.
In a panel on this topic that took place on October 7th, 2020, talent experts in diversity and inclusion explored the complexities of inclusive recruiting, from the challenge of defining what it means, to overcoming the many obstacles to doing it effectively.
You can watch the recording below:
- Shavonne Gordon, Capital One’s VP of enterprise diversity recruiting
- LJ Louis, WeWork’s VP of leadership talent inclusion, and diversity
- Doug Melville, TBWA’s chief diversity officer
- Meg Cortezi; TEKsystems’ VP of employee experience
- Moderated by Loni Olazaba, LinkedIn’s director of inclusion recruiting.
A few of the questions they tackled:
- How has the pandemic impacted your inclusive recruiting process, for better or for worse?
- How does your organization create an environment where candidates from diverse backgrounds can all feel like they belong?
- What are the steps you take to “close the deal” with inclusive hires, to ensure they’re not just interested, but that your company is a place they want to be?
To receive blog posts like this one straight in your inbox, subscribe to the blog newsletter.