LinkedIn’s New Talent Solution Gives You the Insights to Get Ahead
October 4, 2017
Data is important. Period. It’s how you measure performance, make daily decisions, and plan for the future. By having access to the right data, you can start to answer those complex questions that could help shape the direction of your company.
When it comes to using data to inform talent decisions, we know you are feeling the pressure to back up your recommendations and actions with data-driven insights. Just in the past year, we’ve had more than 10,000 requests from companies across the globe asking our team of data insights analysts to help provide answers to those burning questions on talent: what are the best emerging cities to hire engineers, are we losing critical skills to other companies, how does my employer brand compare to my peers?
Today’s talent challenges require dynamic data insights, and as Dan Shapero, LinkedIn’s vice president of talent solutions and careers, highlighted in his keynote, we believe the next wave of recruiting lies in talent intelligence.
To help you get ahead of this trend, we’re excited to share that we’re building a new product called LinkedIn Talent Insights, a self-service tool that gives you direct access to rich data on talent pools and companies. With this information, you’ll be empowered to recruit and manage talent more strategically, and to make smarter talent decisions with confidence.
With more than 500 million members and more than 11 million active job listings, we are in the position to tap into a rich global dataset, powered by billions of daily member updates, activities and interactions, to provide a dynamic view on rapidly changing market conditions.
Let’s get into it.
Make smarter decisions using talent and company insights
LinkedIn Talent Insights will give you self-service access to two types of reporting that will help inform immediate, and long-term talent decisions: the Talent Pool report and the Company report.
Through the Talent Pool report, you’ll be able to precisely define and understand specific populations of talent you’re interested in. Within a few clicks, you’ll have a clear picture of what you need to know to recruit and hire for those hard-to-fill roles.
Here are just a few of the insights you can glean:
- Where does this talent live and what companies and industries does this talent work in
- How difficult is it to hire the talent you’re looking for
- What schools are producing this talent
- How is this talent engaging with your company on LinkedIn
The Company report takes your strategy further to understand your talent at the company level so you can see how well you’re doing in attracting and retaining talent, and develop branding and recruiting strategies to get even better.
Here are a few additional insights you can glean:
- How a company’s workforce is distributed by function and geography
- Where a company is gaining talent from and losing talent to
- Which skills at a company are growing the fastest
- What schools a company is hiring talent from
We’ll also show you tips for your recruiting strategy based on these insights, such as suggestions for what cities to recruit from based on where there is a high supply of talent relative to the demand.
Get the insights that impact your talent strategy
Talent intelligence is especially important when approaching strategic discussions with business leaders on hiring and workforce planning. Imagine the next time you get one of those questions from your business partners or boss’ boss, the kind that make you wish you had a crystal ball. Maybe they want to know where you’re going to start looking for engineers since your local market is over-fished. Maybe they want to understand why attrition is skyrocketing on the sales team. Or maybe they want your input on where to open a new office based on hiring difficulty in different locations. With LinkedIn Talent Insights, you’ll have the data to make an informed recommendation in minutes.
By unlocking the full potential of LinkedIn’s data for talent professionals that hire on our platform, you’ll be able to diagnose and answer talent questions that require up-to-the-minute data and insight. And you can be confident you’ll always be two steps ahead in today’s fast-changing talent landscape.
Designed for talent professionals
As talent professionals, we know you’re focused on sourcing, hiring and retaining talent so we designed every feature of this product with you in mind, to make your job easier.
- The reports give you easy-to-understand visualizations of your data for exporting and sharing with business leaders and key stakeholders. Insights are delivered through an intuitive user interface that many will recognize, if you’ve used LinkedIn Recruiter or our other products.
- We’ve also made this product self-serve so that whatever time or day you need to access data about your talent options -- whether preparing for the quarterly planning meeting, or a quick touch base with your team -- you can.
- You’ll also be able to collaborate directly with your team by sharing insights they’ll find valuable, inviting them to work together on projects, and using seamless integration with LinkedIn Recruiter so you can put your insights to work, immediately.
LinkedIn Talent Insights is just the first step in our longer term vision to incorporate more data and insight offerings into our talent products. Expect to hear more between now and when the product launches in 2018.
This post was co-authored by Kate Garvey.
*Image by NATS
To receive blog posts like this one straight in your inbox, subscribe to the blog newsletter.