Announcing the Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies of 2016
October 4, 2016
We are excited to announce the 2016 Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies ranking.
This ranking is a reflection of a firm’s diligence and dedication to integrating social media into their business and it shows which staffing firms are harnessing the power of LinkedIn exceptionally well as a vital part of their business. The list is based on an extensive analysis of the interactions between over 60,000 staffing firms, 627,000 consultants, and 450+ million members on LinkedIn over the past year.
See the image below for a teaser of the Top 8 and view the full list of winners here.
So what does it take to be socially engaged?
To come up with the rankings, we looked at a range of metrics including:
- Social reach
- Employee engagement and interactions
- Employer brand
- Content marketing power on LinkedIn
What we have noticed from the winning strategies this year is that the key to performing well in the Most Socially Engaged Ranking is consistency across multiple metrics. And whereas there is no prescriptive way to guarantee a spot on the list, the firms that have performed well, have mastered social engagement by employing strategies such as:
- Investing in their consultants’ professional brands: Firms have brought into their offices a photo booth, created onboarding ‘LinkedIn Profile Checklists’, created internal competitions for engagement and workshops for efficiently writing InMails.
- Engaging with LinkedIn members: Strategies here include creating groups to reach a broader pool of candidates, and following a 3:1 ratio of content:jobs. In terms of content strategy, most agencies subscribe to writing little but often, and custom audience targeting.
- Creating relevant content: Socially engaged recruiting firms have taken the time to create local content, tips and tricks which are helpful to their followers, helping them find jobs and prepare for interviews.
For a deeper dive into the data we pulled, here are some highlights from the three categories of the 2016 Most Socially Engaged ranking:
Large Global Firms (500+ employees):
- 68% of the companies have HQ in Europe, and 32% in North America.
- The United Kingdom is the most socially engaged country, with a total of 11 firms on the Global list and claiming the top 3 spots.
- The United States has 8 firms and the Netherlands is the third most socially engaged country on the list with four firms HQ’d there.
Medium Enterprises (between 50 and 499 employees):
- In Asia, this category is widely spread across multiple countries from Thailand to Japan to China. However it is India which has the most ranked firms with 11 firms in the region’s top 25.
- In North America, the United States has the majority of the firms on the list, with 22 of the 25 firms HQ’d there.
- In EMEA, a similar story with the United Kingdom taking 20 of the top 25 most socially engaged firms.
Specialist Boutiques (up to 50 employees)
- The Middle East is very strong in this category with three of the top five spots having HQ in the region.
- In North America, Canada took two spots within the top 5 places.
- In Asia, this category is heavily contested between Hong Kong and Singapore.
View the full list of winners here.
Hear from some of the Top 25 Most Socially Engaged companies by registering to attend the ‘Winners Webcast’.
To receive blog posts like this one straight in your inbox, subscribe to the blog newsletter.