Announcing the Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies of 2017
October 19, 2017
For the third year running, we’re excited to announce 2017’s Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies.
To come up with the short list of winners, we meticulously analysed the LinkedIn activity of over 60,000 eligible search and staffing organisations. What set the winners apart was their ability to engage LinkedIn members through compelling company and employee activity. Congratulations and thank you for the thoughtful approach of interacting with the community!
You can see a short teaser with the top 3 winners across the large firms, medium enterprises and specialist boutique categories below -- to see the full list, visit our website:
What does it mean to be Most Socially Engaged on LinkedIn?
In order to compile the ranking, we analyzed LinkedIn data in three key areas: content performance, recruiter behaviour and the overall engagement with the staffing agency and its employees on the network.
Here are more details for each metric:
- Content performance: How members engage (like, share, comment, follow, click) with company content (company updates, sponsored updates, influencer and employee posts and employee shares)
- Social reach and engagement: How members engage with posted jobs, the number of followers and visitors to the Company and Careers Pages
- Social recruiting: How effective recruitment consultants are at establishing their professional brand through profile completeness and sharing rich content, finding and engaging with the right people and building meaningful networks
What sets the winners apart from the rest?
While there is not one prescriptive strategy that helps you land a spot in the rankings, we did discover some common patterns among the winners:
Creating varied and relevant content
- The top agencies take the time to consistently generate thought leadership pieces, share and curate content and enrich members’ feeds with helpful tips, informative articles and entertaining insights.
- Measuring the success of content enables these agencies to continually improve content engagement with LinkedIn members.
Increasing engagement with your Company and Careers Pages and content updates
- Our data show that senior leaders and employees of the Top 25 agencies are more effective in engaging with their networks than the rest of the market. This means that motivating your executives and employees to regularly post content and engage with candidates can go a long way.
- Run campaigns to increase following and discoverability of the Company and Careers Pages. This can be as simple as adding links to those pages from your company website, or running sponsored updates to get your content in front of people who may not be aware of your page yet.
Investing in employees’ professional brand
- Our data tells us that employees at the Top 25 Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies have higher profile completion than the rest of the market. Encourage your teams to complete their LinkedIn profiles to 100% and to build relevant connection networks.
- Another big factor is having your recruiting teams both post useful content and also like and comment on other people’s updates.
All of this activity drives real bottom line impact as the job application rate of the Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies 2017 is higher than the rest of the market.
Where to find the list of winners
To find out more about this year’s Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies, visit the website.
Methodology note: The data for the 2017 ranking was collected between September 1st 2016 and August 31st 2017. The category that a staffing agency appears in is determined by HQ location and the number of employees that are associated with the company’s LinkedIn page. Where there are multiple brands in a company, the sub-brands are rolled up to the parent brand and the employee count used is reflective of the total amount from all pages.
To receive blog posts like this one straight in your inbox, subscribe to the blog newsletter.