Photo Recap: The Best Moments from Talent Connect Anaheim
October 15, 2015
If there ever was a time to unleash your inner child and go on an adventure, these last few days at Talent Connect were it.
Day 2 of the conference was a pretty magical concoction of hearing the exciting product vision of LinkedIn’s CEO Jeff Weiner, being the first to find out about our hot product announcements, and most of all being surrounded by inspirational success stories and energizing peers.
And if you didn’t think you were on an adventure yet…then there was the epic evening party at Disney’s California Adventure theme park. Suffice to say that The Tower of Terror and California Screamin’ lived up to their names (go figure).
Then Day 3 was all about wrapping up the conference with a bang and a lot of laughs during Andy Cohen and Jia Jiang's keynotes.
Thank you for joining us for yet another memorable Talent Connect! See you next year.
Here is a photo recap of some of the highlights:
1. 9am = showtime. The keynote hall filled up as the audience expected to hear some major LinkedIn product announcements.
3. LinkedIn’s CEO Jeff Weiner took the stage to reveal the new LinkedIn mobile app (faster, easier experience) that foreshadows a new generation of LinkedIn products. The announcement reflects that currently over 50% of LinkedIn engagement comes from mobile.
4. And then came the big announcement on the recruiting front. LinkedIn unveiled the new Referrals product, which is poised to completely transform the way your employees refer to jobs. Then the second exciting piece of news was the reimagined LinkedIn Recruiter – an all new easy and intuitive way to source candidates. Read more details about the announcements.
5. After so much action, there was a 45 min break to mingle, grab snacks, or do some of the fun activities in the InLounge.
6. Back in the keynote hall, L'Oréal shared a provocative (or “a little crazy” as they called it) story about how they turned emojis and selfies into a great recruiting tool. Read the full story.
7. Veronika Scott moved and inspired the audience with her story of turning a school assignment in the homeless shelter into a non-profit which empowers homeless people by giving them jobs (and their dignity back) and creating thermal coats for those living on the streets.
8. Off to the afternoon – after a tasty lunch, the audience had an afternoon packed with stimulating breakouts and fun activities in the InLounge.
10. Let’s be honest, Talent Connect knows how to throw a good party. The evening at the California Adventure theme park was awesome – ranging from taking photos with Pixar characters, to screaming your lungs off in the Tower of Terror, to just enjoying the amazing LA weather and great food with friends.
Admittedly, the last day of a conference can feel a bit slower (especially after an epic party) but that wasn't an issue for Talent Connect.
11. Jia Jiang brough the house down with his hilarious, yet very inspiring, account of how he has turned rejection into an empowering force in his life. His advice was for recruiters to do the same and see how rejection can propel them to new heights.
12. Uber's Global Head of People and Places, Renee Atwood, took the stage to share how establishing a company culture with clear values helped Uber's explosive growth. Read the full story.
13. And finally, Andy Cohen brought it all home with the highly entertaining account of his career journey and distilled some advice for recruiters: hire for passion. Also, admittedly there was a pretty large Real Housewives fan club in attendance and that made Andy feel right at home.
That's a wrap!
Thank you for attending and or being part of the event online. We can't wait to see you next year in Las Vegas.