Photo Recap: The Best Moments From Day 1 of Talent Connect 2016
October 5, 2016
Who needs the Britney Spears’ show, casinos, Cirque de Soleil, or a hasty wedding when you have Talent Connect 2016 in Vegas!
Today, we were excited to kick off our first global Talent Connect and welcomed over 4,000 talent acquisition and HR leaders from around the world. While the slot machines rolled, attendees gathered for the Day 1 keynotes and sessions, where the energy was through the roof. We laughed, we cheered, we got inspired for an awesome few days of talent acquisition love.
Check out the photo essay below for a full recap of what happened on Day 1:
1. Welcome to Vegas, people! Attendees started arriving in the am to register and were welcomed by these inspiring words and friendly faces.
2. Everyone had a chance to check out the InLounge, complete with a LinkedIn profile photo booth and product showcase stations, and a wall where everyone can share their secrect to recruiting great talent.
3. Things officially got started at 1pm as attendees began flooding into the keynote hall, where our favorite DJ Skemaddox got everyone pumped up.
4. Once everyone was settled in, our hosts Brendan Browne (LinkedIn’s VP of Global Talent Acquisition) and Jennifer Shapely (LinkedIn’s Director of Talent Acquisition) gave a warm welcome and encouraged everyone to use these meet new people, take plenty of notes and pictures, and of course have fun!
5. Wade Burgess, LinkedIn VP of Talent Solutions at LinkedIn, reminded us all of just how important recruitings role is to business success and how recruiters have the special ability to spot potential and help people reach it.
6. Next, Nellie Peshkov, VP of Talent Acquisition at Netflix, shared how they they established a culture of recruitment at Netflix by creating a true partnership between recruiters and hiring managers. Read more here.
7. And last but not least for the keynotes, comedian Deborah Frances-White talked about how we can all learn to be charismatic and gave us some good laughs.
8. After a quick break, Day 1 keynotes got stared, with presentations from companies like AppNexus, Lyft, Time Inc., and many many more.
9. With all the sessions wrapping up at 6 o’clock, the attendees headed to the welcome reception for food, drinks, and chance to make new friends and relax.
For more photos, check out our Facebook page.
To receive blog posts like this one straight in your inbox, subscribe to the blog newsletter.