The 10 Must-Read Articles for Recruiters This Week
October 19, 2018
In case you need a stimulating read, here’s a great list for you on a range of topics important for talent leaders.
We took a look through some of the best articles published this past week for staffing and corporate recruiters and posted them below. The following articles focus on coaching techniques to ensure new hires start their roles successfully, how women are beginning to join more companies' boards, why LGBTQ employees say they're ready to come out at work (but aren't), and more.
Here are the must-read posts for this week:
1. Don’t Wait For a Lawsuit to Close Your Pay Gaps -- by Adam Zoia
2. The Rise Of The Chief People Officer: Is Now The Time To Hand Over The Reins? -- by Stacie Mallen
3. 15 Effective Coaching Strategies To Use With New Hires -- by Forbes Human Resources Council
4. Missing: Women CEOs' Career Development. Here's How to Fix It -- by Cathy Butler
5. Women Slowly, Steadily Take Seats on Boards of Directors -- by Kathy Gurchiek
6. Viewpoint: How a Department of One Can Help Eliminate Hiring Bias -- by Katherine McNamee
7. 80% of LGBTQ workers are ready to come out at work, but only half do -- by Valerie Bolden-Barrett
8. New online college to teach soft skills to working adults -- by Riia O'Donnell
9. Assessing Experience: How-to Understand the Depth of a Candidate’s IT Skills -- by Surendra Pepakayala
10. Announcing the Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies of 2018 -- by Steve Lewis
*Photo by Edgar Chaparro on Unsplash
To receive blog posts like this one straight in your inbox, subscribe to the blog newsletter.